Transfer Case Info - McRat Edition

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
So I hear thru the grapevine that there is a very informative sticky on DP from Mike L concerning transfer case info. Didnt find much hear about it, but Ive heard that some are running up to 3 qts of 5w-30 synthetic, instead of the specified 2 qts of ATF in there. This being due to New Process saying the fluid is getting too hot and could evap and run the TC dry?

So what is everyone here running in their TC? Any other info people would like to share?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
So I hear thru the grapevine that there is a very informative sticky on DP from Mike L concerning transfer case info. Didnt find much hear about it, but Ive heard that some are running up to 3 qts of 5w-30 synthetic, instead of the specified 2 qts of ATF in there. This being due to New Process saying the fluid is getting too hot and could evap and run the TC dry?

So what is everyone here running in their TC? Any other info people would like to share?

I posted an article from Transmission Digest written by Rockland Standard gear at DP. I agree with the article and am using 5/40 Schaeffers 9000 fully synthetic motor oil in mine.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
This is what I use and it's very inexpensive.

Attachments

• DSC00192.JPG
    DSC00192.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 258

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
how much mike, i dont want pump rub but i dont want to pay 150 bucks for a billet job

by the way i have been running fully syn motor oil in my t-case since that thread has come out with no ill effects

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Hmmm. We just may have to talk about getting me a couple of these. :D

Also, where do you get your Schaeffer's oil? I'm wanting to start using their syn. engine oil and am trying to get a source for it. ;)

I am a dealer and get it localy. Schaeffers is based in St Louis so go on line and find a dealer near you. Merchant carries it also.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I posted an article from Transmission Digest written by Rockland Standard gear at DP. I agree with the article and am using 5/40 Schaeffers 9000 fully synthetic motor oil in mine.

So we fill through the sensor NOT the fill plug correct?
And fill right to the top or exactly 3 quarts?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
This is what I use and it's very inexpensive.

I thought we grabbed one of those Simon.:confused:
I remember seeing them at Mike's shop.

Mike could a guy get away with any other brand of synthetic 5w-40 engine oil or just your special stuff?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA

Mike could a guy get away with any other brand of synthetic 5w-40 engine oil or just your special stuff?

Any brand of synthetic is good. 5-30 is good also. I just happen to use 5-40 engine oil and figure why not use the same stuff in the T/C.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand

I have the fix for the pump rub from Mike Allready...that was a old post