Allison 6sp: trans pressure codes

greygoose08

Mar 22, 2011
central wi
My 6 speed automatic keep wacking out on me. putting it into reverse or drive sometime makes the underline on the selector blink and sometimes goes out completly. sometimes i get the common shift range inhibited as well on the DIC. some of the codes i remembered before clearing were p0700 and like 2 to do with trans pressure sometime..... (didnt write down or remember before i cleared) anyone know what is going on here? low fluid, too much fluid, the internal nsbu???? need to get this taken care of!! thanks

greygoose08

Mar 22, 2011
central wi
i was told the 6 speeds have an "internal" nsbu switch compared to the 5 speeds. im not sure just going off what i was told! i will get the codes as soon as it does it to me again! it just kinda kicks itself in a nuetral and will just rev up when the issue happens. i will keep you posted

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Could be a number of things. It isn't common for the 6 speeds to have the selector switch go bad, but it isn't impossible either. You need to write down the codes next time it screws up.

greygoose08

Mar 22, 2011
central wi
happend last night when i went from reverse for Drive. here is what i pulled.

:confused:
P0751, P0877, P0700 (some of them were duplicated) but those are the codes i got. i found out that i think its something to do with trans fluid in it?? when i installed my DE downpipe, i only got 1 nut back onto the flange on the trans dipstick holder. and i checked fluid yesterday and it virbrated off there so its not even mounted securly to the trans anymore. im thinking it may have popped out of the trans and i lost some fluid? i didnt crawl under and look cuz it was raining here yesterday.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Those codes indicate that the TCM is not getting the feedback it's looking for from the PSM. Low fluid or sticky valve?

greygoose08

Mar 22, 2011
central wi
i am thinking its low fluid. im assuming since its not bolted to the trans anymore it moved around going down the road where that o ring seats into the trans pan and im loosing/lost fluid. i am gonna get it bolted back up to the trans and get an accurate reading and fill if i need to.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Take 3 or 4 readings and look at both sides of the stick. Always use the low reading ( if there is one ) as your true reference.