Trans flush or something else?

Js5102

Mar 3, 2024
USA
Care to elaborate? We do it all the time.. Have a flush machine that hooks up in line of the trans lines and uses trans pressure to exchange fluid.
I know this is an old post but I am looking for the same service. Are you guys still doing it? Where are you located?

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
You can have your coolers hot flushed, I would not do that to the trans side. This is typically done by hooking up to the lines where they come out of the bellhousing and hot fluid is sent through the coolers in both directions in different patterns to dislodge any debris.

This is 100% fine.

As for fluid it honestly depends on year. The GM spec fluid for all years is Dex 6 but initially the 5spds all received Dex 3. All of our built transmissions are recommended with Dex 3 equivalent fluid. There is nothing wrong with high dollar synthetic fluids, they will lighten the wallet more tho.

Reactions: 2004LB7

Js5102

Mar 3, 2024
USA
You can have your coolers hot flushed, I would not do that to the trans side. This is typically done by hooking up to the lines where they come out of the bellhousing and hot fluid is sent through the coolers in both directions in different patterns to dislodge any debris.

This is 100% fine.

As for fluid it honestly depends on year. The GM spec fluid for all years is Dex 6 but initially the 5spds all received Dex 3. All of our built transmissions are recommended with Dex 3 equivalent fluid. There is nothing wrong with high dollar synthetic fluids, they will lighten the wallet more tho.
I have a zf6 and i suspect I need a flush as my slave cylinder keeps getting melted and destroyed.
I’m driving cross country. was gonna try to find a shop along the way to get a flush.
2002 2500hd LB7 (ZF6)

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I have a zf6 and i suspect I need a flush as my slave cylinder keeps getting melted and destroyed.
I’m driving cross country. was gonna try to find a shop along the way to get a flush.
2002 2500hd LB7 (ZF6)
That's a whole different ballgame than an Allison. This post 100% pertains to an Allison.

On a ZF6 I do not think there is much to do with them beyond changing fluid.

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
I'm going to guess if the slave cylinder is getting toasted you may have more issues than needing just a flush.

You might want to investigate the throw out bearing and the clutch. Bad throw out bearing can generate a lot of heat. Slipping clutch (even a little) is pure heat generation.

Those are the 2 easy ones, after that, you are then looking at going into the trans for bad bearings that are generating heat.

Reactions: 2004LB7