trans cooler questions

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
im in the proccess of moving the trans cooler on my truck from behind the grille to the bed of the truck.how are some of you doing this? moving the stock one and doing steel braided line? should i get an aftermarket cooler with a fan? just wanna have everything ready so when a freind and i move it we can just bang it out thanks

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
I just cut the ends off and used hydraulic line to extend them. They make compression fittings that allow you to attach them to the hard lines to hydraulic hose. You might as well just buy the lines I have since I don't need them anymore. Should work fine since I had my cooler in the box. You don't need a fan on a puller as mine worked fine without one.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
im with Dave on the cooler in the bed and the hoses.
you could always spray it with nos, break clean or water to cool in the pits if needed

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
I just cut the ends off and used hydraulic line to extend them. They make compression fittings that allow you to attach them to the hard lines to hydraulic hose. You might as well just buy the lines I have since I don't need them anymore. Should work fine since I had my cooler in the box. You don't need a fan on a puller as mine worked fine without one.

yeah i'd def buy yours if they'll work with my set up the trans never got hot last year at all i just didn't know if being under a touneau cover itd not disperse the heat as well

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Steel braided -10 or -12 is big $$ as are the swivel 90 fittings for the bellhousing to adapt to AN. I personally would not even worry about the AUX cooler for a full time puller..but that's just me...

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
mine is tight now that i put hte A/c condessor back up front.. the fittings in the rad are threaded i pulled them out cut the quick connect off and welded -6AN steel fittings (4L85) and did compression fittings on the tranny side then braided SS lines

been thinking about relocating to the cooler stack i just built. putting 180/170* on/of temp switch on the entrance to the secondary cooler my secondary cooler is this.. also using another for the fuel cooler
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS+Performance+Products/555/60383/10002/-1

bigjohn

GMC Dmax
Oct 13, 2012
Westview Pa
Our trucks should come with the electric fan for the trans cooler. I think that it would great idea you wouldn't have to worry about the temps for the trans.