Traction bar, shackle or stationary?

paytonlb7

Owner at Torq Industries
Jul 16, 2010
Idaho
www.torq-industries.com
I am in the process of gathering parts and putting together ideas for building traction bars ( long bars due to being lifted and having 6" of blocks in the rear ) but after doing more research I've found that some people use a shackle mounted on the frame with a A ( ladder ) frame bar linked to the rear axle. This would still allow our suspension to travel forward and back when being compressed and would eliminate axle wrap, and then I've seen some people use a stationary mount on the frame and on the axle with a solid bar and two bushings linking them together. How does this work with our suspension? Ride is definitely going to be ruff. Do you leave them on everywhere you go or do you take them off when you travel off road?

Is there a proper way of doing this or just preference? Thanks

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
I am in the process of gathering parts and putting together ideas for building traction bars ( long bars due to being lifted and having 6" of blocks in the rear ) but after doing more research I've found that some people use a shackle mounted on the frame with a A ( ladder ) frame bar linked to the rear axle. This would still allow our suspension to travel forward and back when being compressed and would eliminate axle wrap, and then I've seen some people use a stationary mount on the frame and on the axle with a solid bar and two bushings linking them together. How does this work with our suspension? Ride is definitely going to be ruff. Do you leave them on everywhere you go or do you take them off when you travel off road?

Is there a proper way of doing this or just preference? Thanks

Rize Industries builds shackle style traction bars , one of my custommer had some on his dodge , very nice design . I was going to build a simalar set for my lifted truck one of these days .

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
The ones I build are solid mounted to frame and axle. Mounts that are similar to shock mounts. The bars are long bar design and I use rebuildable ends. they have good articulation and do not make your ride rougher than it already is.

paytonlb7

Owner at Torq Industries
Jul 16, 2010
Idaho
www.torq-industries.com
The ones I build are solid mounted to frame and axle. Mounts that are similar to shock mounts. The bars are long bar design and I use rebuildable ends. they have good articulation and do not make your ride rougher than it already is.

Thanks for the advice. Where are you coming off of your frame? Straight off the bottom or do you make a mount off to the side?
On my driver side my brake cable mount seems to be in the way and if I went to the inside my fuel tank would be in the way?

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Send me your email or a phone that can receive picture MMS and I will send you some pictures of what I've done with it.