towing 5th wheel with a 6" lift

rivergoer

Feb 8, 2014
SO CAL
Ok so i see people towing their 5ers with a lifted truck and their rig seem pretty level. my truck is on a 6" lift with 35" tires. the toy hauler already has the axle flip and the hitch in the bed is already dropped down to the lowest setting. and ive got about 6" inches of clearance from the bed rails to the over hang on the toy hauler. the trailer still sits with the front end at an angle. now i know you can do a lift on the trailer but with that you can get top heavy and mine is a tall deal so i dont want to lift. te wheels on mine are a pretty stout trailer tire with 8 lug rims. now when i look at some of the other rigs it doesnt seem as if theirs is lifted either and their pulling level... no the lift portion on my truck in the rear is just blocks and no spring adition or deletion. should i put in a smaller block and would that help or is there something else that can be done. i know there are dudes out there running bigger lifts than i am and pulling a 5 er. any advice would help.

hrlyguy2

Dec 2, 2011
IL
When I had a 8" lift on my Gmc 2500.Only big issue I had was pin weight.
Dealer put my hitch on wanted to do 2" lift on the trailer.Never did.They sell a trailer alignment set up that it gives you about 2" too.Heard alot of good things about it.The only other issue i had was the height.
I was 13"4 with the trailer height Pushing limits some places
Can you adjust your pin box at all.

rivergoer

Feb 8, 2014
SO CAL
i will have to look at the pin box when i get back from overseas. but i beleive it is all the way up. so im probably tapped out there. the trailer is not horribly unlevel but i still have to raise it up alot and lower it a lot when i take it of and on the truck. i think im about your height as well. my trlr is a 2013 stealth rg3210 toy box.

pullsanything

Enthusiast
Oct 7, 2013
Iowa
I think pin box location varies from camper to camper. I like to keep at least 5"-6" clearance, and at stock height that puts my KZ pretty much level. No chance for me to run a lift kit, which kind of sucks...