Time to refresh Tranny?

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Lately my transmission has been shifting pretty sloppy, its always shifted good until once last year at the track when i launched it launched in second gear. Not sure why, but thats the only time it has done it, ive had the sc4 for about 2 and a half years, it has about 50k miles on it. Its only had a few n20 passes, mostly have been fuel only. The only thing i have done is add the co-pilot late last summer. The fluid seems to be good. I know its not much info, but any input would be appreciated.

Rob

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I was also wondering what the interval for a refresh is, what it involves, costs associated in rebuilding the internals as well as a converter rebuild, etc. Thanks for posting this!

Someone on the DP dissected an SC III I believe which had been installed for 80,000 miles. The clutches showed obvious wear but nothing too bad. There's roughly 40,000 miles on my tranny and in May im having Mike refresh it. It is more or less a piece of mind unless it shifts like shit. I would assume the refresh interval's would depend on how the truck is driven.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Keep the spin on changed at 5/10K intervals max. C3 clutches will need to be replaced after a while but not much of anything else.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Keep the spin on changed at 5/10K intervals max. C3 clutches will need to be replaced after a while but not much of anything else.

Wow, i guess ive been slackin on that, ive got one right now to change, maybe it will help.

Rob