The New Camaro is out there.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I remain confused why GM is losing ground. The Malibu is great car, superior to the Camary at a lower price, Buick is one of the highest rated cars, Silverado remains the pickup that defines the top of it's class, the Corvette is arguably the best sportscar for the money, outperforming cars costing twice as much or more.

The new Camaro will be even more proof that the American engineers at GM are the world's best at achieving a set goal. It stunned me when we bought our Corvette back in 2002. It got an honest 28mpg highway with 2 people, luggage, and an average speed of 70mph. It blistered the local dragstrips with 11.9 second ET's with nothing but a tire change, and it tore up the AutoX track, cutting better laps than Vipers or AWD Porsches (GT2?).

But for some reason GM sucks at selling cars/trucks. Here GM, let me give you some help with the Camaro:

Opening shot, Aircraft Hanger at night, flashing red lights, and interior hanger lights. Nobody and no planes around. Fades slowly.
Flash to red Camaro SS ripping past camera at top speed. Brief shot.
Flash to black Camaro SS sliding around corner at roadrace course. Brief shot.
Night shot again. Headlights turn on aimed at camera. New Camaro pulls forward slowly and pulls into very well lit A&W burger joint parking lot with lots of hotrods and young attractive people milling about, and they turn their heads when the Camaro pulls up and revs it's engine...

Secrets out. This is what was in the hanger at Area 51.

426 tire shredding horsepower, 26 miles per gallon highway, classic good looks.

A modern musclecar for the new generation.

Zoom, zoom, zoom my ass.

Flash to monster burnout on aircraft runway

The Chevrolet Camaro is back. With a vengence.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Hell ya! You should send that to GM's marketing department. That sounds like a kick ass commercial.

NemesisDP

Apr 20, 2008
Bloomfield New Mexico
Ya been waiting for them to release them so I can get the wife one, she is tired of driving 80 miles a day in her D-max and wants to see if the kids will fit in the back.

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
I agree, im a and and always have been a loyal GM guy.

Theyve got the best, fuel effecient powertrains in the business.

Its these damn cheap people who buy the Small compact Foriegn Junk cars.

Want to help the auto makers out, BAN KIA, Hyunday, Toyota, Suzuki and any other piece of crap i forgot.

The New Camaro is AWESOME! Looks Great. Wont take but probably cam/tune to get 500 horses. YEAH BABY!!!

03 D-max

Honorary "Tosser"
Apr 29, 2008
Lowville NY
we are supposed to be getting one in at the dealership for a test drive by the end of the month. my neighbor ordered a black ss :cool:

Hendrick got the first two delivered a little while ago... a black ss and a silver ss with black stripes, they are very cool

Last edited:

Alligator

Nov 9, 2006
N. Idaho
I think most of what GM is going through is the Damn politicians seem to think that the big three are stuck in the 80's, and still produce low mileage POS cars, as evident in the bailout hearings. GM has produces some of this generations top everyman sports cars and family mobiles, and been passed over because of problems they had 20-30 years ago. Hell, I remember my dad bought a 1988 Pontiac Bonneville, had a 3.8L V6 that got 32 mpg on the highway, 25 in town way back when. Only thing it had problems with was Alternators and fuel pumps, and he went through 1 transmission (That was the car I learned to drive in, and I was not very nice to it). Oh, and I forgot, he was getting that mileage right before selling the car with 258,000 miles on it.

He is now driving a 4 cyl. Hyundai Sonata that get's the same mileage, but is 2 cyl. less, and not nearly as much pulling power, and the trans is slipping at 50,000 miles... Mom bought a Mazda 6, gets 30 mpg on the highway, 24 in town, 4 cyl. car, and it's in the shop right now getting a new tranmission put in as we speak, with 28K on the ticker...

GM knew how to make mileage back then, know how today with better quality than the japs and koreans, but they (foreign brands) took advantage of the last couple of decades and marketed themselves as a better, cheaper alternative and GM let them take their crown away...

I'm a GM man through and through, and have owned 8 GM products in the last 12 years ( 2 Saturn's, 5 trucks & 1 Suburban). The only other cars I have owned not by GM were a 99 Nissan Maxima(traded 2nd Saturn for, and returned to leasing company after lease was up), a 88 Mazda B2000 beater (bought for $800, sold for $800 4 months later for down payment on 02 2500HD), and a 03 Jeep Grand Cherokee (traded for 07 Suburban she drives now). I always came back to GM after each purchase. I think it all started with the truck from Fall Guy :D

NemesisDP

Apr 20, 2008
Bloomfield New Mexico
Just got off the phone with my buddy that owns a dealer ship here and said he would sell me the first one in that he ordered for him self, SS RS silver with black leather on 21's. Will have to see if a 4 and 5 year old will fit with carseat though.

Blueox03

Aug 12, 2006
Jackson County, MS
GM is run by dumbasses. They come up with some of the best ideas and destroy them themselves. Look at what they did with quadrasteer, came up with something awesome, over priced it and did a piss poor job marketing it...killed it. How long have they been draging out the camero? Too long! They shoulda had it ready by the time Transformers came out. They did good running the engine in the Lambda SUVs and cranking it up. Too bad people are looking for more than a car that hauls ass right now. Fuel economy, resale value and a company to back it are on the top of many peoples lists. GM builds the best v8 gasoline engines out there, but Ford has them beat in trucks. The F150 beats GM in everything but under the hood, don't believe me? Test drive one. Go drive a Crew Cab Standard bed (6ft, not 5) half ton GM truck....oh yeah, they don't make one...but ford does.

GM is a sinking ship...they should have just went bankrupt from the get go and got it over with....now it will be slow and painful...

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
GM is run by dumbasses. They come up with some of the best ideas and destroy them themselves. Look at what they did with quadrasteer, came up with something awesome, over priced it and did a piss poor job marketing it...killed it. How long have they been draging out the camero? Too long! They shoulda had it ready by the time Transformers came out. They did good running the engine in the Lambda SUVs and cranking it up. Too bad people are looking for more than a car that hauls ass right now. Fuel economy, resale value and a company to back it are on the top of many peoples lists. GM builds the best v8 gasoline engines out there, but Ford has them beat in trucks. The F150 beats GM in everything but under the hood, don't believe me? Test drive one. Go drive a Crew Cab Standard bed (6ft, not 5) half ton GM truck....oh yeah, they don't make one...but ford does.

GM is a sinking ship...they should have just went bankrupt from the get go and got it over with....now it will be slow and painful...

I've owned Ford trucks. And driven them. Do the brakes still need changing the first oil change? Did they ever get the alignment correct on their ghetto I-beam setup? I heard their legal department had them beef up their fender liners to avoid lawsuits by pedistrians who were hit with flying sparkplugs on the Mod Motor. And WTF was that with their "F250 (rebadged F150)" thingy they had to pull off the market because the frames couldn't handle the advertised payload?

GM gets the best fuel economy in many of the segments, but it never stopped Toyota, Nissan, or Honda from selling cars when they had poor economy in their segments. I remember the POS Nissan minitruck I bought that got 20 mpg highway. RC Shortbed, 2wd, Manual, 4 cyl, AC delete. Heck, my loaded Duramax 4x4 automatic AC gets that. My Chevy Sprint got an honest 45mpg tank to tank, this was 20 years ago. Nobody wanted them. Chevy came out with the first practical electric car, the EV1. Nobody wanted them. But if they scribbled Top Ramen on the fender, they would have made the cover of Motor Trend as the Vehicle of the Millenium.

As far as resale goes? That's a hard thing to figure. Why does a 3 year old computer lose 80% of it's value? Why do VW Beetles and 60's musclecars go up every year? A 3 year old computer is more reliable than what they sell today, and a VW Bug ain't. It's supply and demand. A company cannot build resale value into a product. Resale is not dictated by usability, or durability. The junkyards have the same percentage of 20 year old American cars as Jap cars.

BTW, GM does make a CC longbed, and shortbed, it's just a 3/4 ton. Why not a half ton? 6 adults and 1,000lb in the bed, plus 750lb tongue weight is roughly 2,750lb worth of payload. That's a 3/4 ton truck. It's like when the Japs put 10,000lb towing stickers on their 1/2 ton trucks. Just because you have enough ink to print a number doesn't mean the number is a good one.

MANDOMAX

Twin Turbo SneekyMax
Apr 11, 2009
Sylmar, Ca
I seen a black V6 at the dealer today and one at the mall. Camaro V6 putting out 304 HP(NICE). How much does the base Mustang GT V8 put out ? :cool2 GM definitely needs better advertisement.