Stupid wiring!!!

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
Why is it every time I swap out the motor I get different electric problems? Now the ABS and Brake alarms come on ever so many miles until I clear them. I've check and rechecked every ground and darn connector. Last night I was just driving along and went down a hill and all of a sudden I had no drive any more (just like neutral) but the shift indicator was on D. I coasted to a stop and put it in N, and then to 4WD and all was fine. I drove about 100ft and put it back in 2WD and was fine there too? Any one have a clue? It says it looses contact with the transfer case and traction control (there is no traction control on this). I'll have to write down all the codes to say what they are. It has to be something simple though. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Did you pinch a wire on the frame when you dropped the motor in?

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
didnt you redo the tcase? you probably have a damaged sensor (vss) or alot of metal on it? makes the trans/tcase do weird things. let us know what you find:)

Last edited:

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
Didn't redo the T case yet. Had it out but didn't remove anything and it's all hooked up correct as it was before.

I disconnected the speed sensor in the rear of the T case housing to put some oil in and reinstalled. It was fine before, now all of a sudden,,,,Badda bing, Badda boom. I'll look for some extra ground wire that may have eluded me as well.

Here's the codes.

co237=TCS Traction control or throttle position
PCM
TCM
TCSCM
EBCM
BCM/DIM
SDM
IPC

Last edited:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I think there are 2 connectors in the engine compartment that will interchange with each other. One of them might be for the AC. Friend of mine had this happen at the dealer when they change his engine. He had all kinds of problems. Computers were changed and nothing helped till they found the crossed connectors.