Stubborn 2 big connectors

Z71JONES

May 7, 2024
46Tortuga
On top of engine the 2 big connectors won't come apart. I unlocked the little green tab in middle. then when i pull handle up to disengage, it still will not come apart. I took pressure off the connection and squeezed the ends at the same time. Still no luck. What am I missing. I hate to even ask but that's what these forums are for.
I have watched you tube videos but nobody gives a clear answer. Somebody has to know the trick!
Reason to disconnect is because I am pulling cab to replace turbo, down pipes, and since I'm that deep, water pump transmission lines, power steering lines and brake booster that are all leaking a little. I need to find a antifreeze leak and I'm 99% sure its the O ring on bottom of thermostat housing leaking down on the 4" hose behind the harmonic balancer. Then I may pull heads and do new head studs, gaskets and valve job.
Thanks in advance for any help.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Are you pulling the handle all the way over? When you pull it all the way it forces the connector open.

Z71JONES

May 7, 2024
46Tortuga
Are you pulling the handle all the way over? When you pull it all the way it forces the connector open.
yes, it feels like I'm going to break the handle off. it shouldn't be that hard. I know I have had it off before. One guy said those green clips don't always unlock so I'm going to get a small screwdriver and ensure the lock is actually unlocked and then I will try again this evening.

Z71JONES

May 7, 2024
46Tortuga
Got it, the groove that the little green lock switch rides in was catching the blue handle in the middle. I used a small pry bar and came in from the lock side to disengage the white/grey from preventing the blue handle to go up. once that was done in rotated up like it was suppose to and separated.

Reactions: TheBac and 2004LB7