Stroker pump differences

mamumtsllc

Sep 4, 2014
So I have a 10mm cp3 that came from (big name fuel company). Was on a customer's truck and was leaking fuel to the valley. Lift pump pressure not return or high pressure. So customer decided to swap cp3 after talking with them. So I sent one of my stock cores in and kept the 10mm pump. Thinking surely the front aluminum housing could be changed. So does anyone know if it's just an unbolt and swap out with new orings? Or if there's more matched machining that needs done for it to operate?.

I've talked to acouple shops and get mixed results as it's not all their product or some shops hang up when you mention performance/ stroker pump.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I've never taken a stroker one apart. Bit I think most of the differences are in the cam and pistons. And the passages are probably opened up some and the relief valve might be shimmed or have a stronger spring.

Why don't you pop the cover off and see if you can replace the O rings and seals. I think more often they leak from the shaft seal so might want to replace that too. Shaft seal leaks into the oil so probably not the issue but just to be safe.

Reactions: mamumtsllc

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I believe removing the front aluminum housing to change seals is pretty straight foward. Been years since I ripped one apart for curiosity, but I don't remember anything special