Strange Tune problem HELP!!!

straightpiperoar

Jul 20, 2009
Long story short....I got a built motor tune at the first of the year and loaded it into my truck....Seemed to run ok but was having some tranny problems so I got a tune that was on the mild side to be able to run until I got the tranny figured out....The truck ran so good on the mild tune that I left it inthe truck the rest of the summer and raced with it...There is one more race this weekend and I wanted to turn it up and see what it would do....I loaded the big tune in the truck all went good with the download but it wont go above 2000 rpm...Put the small tune in and all is good...So tried it again...nothing above 2000 no codes no nothing...The only change in the truck since I ran that tune in the spring is I installed a Lockup Box and I am lost....thanks mike

straightpiperoar

Jul 20, 2009
all check out the same....I dont know how anything could have changed with the tune since I havnt even opened the tune since the spring...Thats what blew my mind

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I don't know then. I would suggest talking to your tuner.

straightpiperoar

Jul 20, 2009
Figure it was something with the tune...I will try and play with them more tonight....Just crazy that it could run with that tune in the spring and now it wont...And nothing has been changed with the truck....When I updated the EFI on my computer could it have changed something.

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Tunes

I just updated my EFI and now a tune that I used to run says it's a error and will not load. It used to work fine. So I would say it could be something to do with the update. Mine is a checksum error as someone has suggested.