Strange LLY problem

battlegraduate09

Gearhead
Mar 18, 2010
This is the only place I thought to put this...It may be a long post so bare with me.

After work I went out and started my truck. I was talkin for a minute so i let it idle, which is nothin new. It was 98* outside, the A/C was on and i was in the truck. All was normal untill my foot hit the gas pedal by accident. It didnt even rev up the engine, my foot barely even touched it.

This is where the problem came in...

All of a sudden my gauges went to 0, all of them in the cluster and my Edge Insight just cut off. The cd changer started going nuts and the radio cut off, reset my clock and the digital a/c unit went blank. Then my dash said "UNKNOWN DRIVER" & "SERVICE 4WD" My ABS light and parking brake light both came on.

I turned the truck off for a minute and let it sit. When i started it back up and fixed the clock, everything seemed to be normal. But now my airbag light is on, and so is the light that flashes when your not wearing your seatbelt, even though i had mine on. I also used cruise control on the way home, and now my cruise control light is staying on. EFI Live found no codes except a glowplug code, which I will address before winter.

Does anybody know what would cause this? I checked the FICM, and no wires are rubbing the bracket. I have also checked the underhood fuse box, no loose ground under it. Any ideas or has anybody seen this before on an LLY

battlegraduate09

Gearhead
Mar 18, 2010
It hasnt affected performance at all, i can still hit 23 psi on my mileage tune very easily, it just bugs me that those damn lights are always flashing.

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
how old is your battery? eliminate your edge and see if they are still there. check for body codes with a tech2

battlegraduate09

Gearhead
Mar 18, 2010
batteries are about a year old, unplugged the insight and nothing changed

When i started it this morning it would turn over and die. did it twice.
Fired on the third time. Then my fuel gauge went to 0. Turned it off and it came back to working properly.

I then retrieved a p1626 code. Saying unkown DTC

battlegraduate09

Gearhead
Mar 18, 2010
yea i pulled it with my v2, but the insight said it was unknown. Im going through fuses and grounds, i really dont have time to check the ignition switch today, i have to mow several yards and im by myself for 2 days with no help.

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
well, if you have a spare efi license you can put a stock tune in it and turn the vats off with your efi live and see if that helps.

battlegraduate09

Gearhead
Mar 18, 2010
I dont have a spare after tuning my buddies LMM.

I do however have a screw in my new tire, which was replaced after having a nail in the sidewall
FML