LLY: stock turbo with batmo wheels

dirttymaxx

Nov 15, 2010
sharpsburg,ky
ok, next year BOB is going to a 2.5 class, so we were thinking about doing some turbo work.theres a lot of guys around here running stock charger truck with the batmo wheels,witch is what were thinkin about doing as well.
heres my question...if we rebuild our charger install the batmo's have it all suped up...will the stock frame/charger be able to handle more boost? and if so how much more?
i know its always been a rule of thumb to not push a bone stock charger over 32 psi.

any of you guys running this combo?
if so how much boost are you running?
any of you guys running this combo,how do you like it?

Jscherbs

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Oct 27, 2009
Canton, MI
a local guy here has a lbz and went from 32 to 35lbs with the install of the BMW. ran hotter but did spool faster and pull slightly harder.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Mine spools a lot quicker(not that it was laggy before), nicer to drive, and runs same EGTs as last years pulls, but i have 40 % nozzles now and 70rwhp more

dirttymaxx

Nov 15, 2010
sharpsburg,ky
i can do the bwm at half the cost of that turbo.....and i would still like it to look stock lol

04jimc....how much boost can you get out of her? we almost have the same mods, but im on 45% overs and a single mod pump. we never really has any prob with it spooling,were just tryn to get some more air flow and boost..an we would like to stay with a stock looking charger..because nktpa still has the stock "Stock Appearing" rule

bluecollar

Feb 28, 2012
ia
Sub... I love mine but its a lb7.. I want to try a 366 but theres something fun about saying its a stock turbo

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
37 to 39 psi
Def worth it if you have rules like that or want to keep the stocker for whatever reason. After you have the stock wheel out and compare the two its no wonder the BMW is better!

dirttymaxx

Nov 15, 2010
sharpsburg,ky
37 to 39 psi
Def worth it if you have rules like that or want to keep the stocker for whatever reason. After you have the stock wheel out and compare the two its no wonder the BMW is better!

thats what i wanted to here right there,have you tryed to push it to 40-42 psi? because that where im going to run ours up to...

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Havent pushed it that hard and prob wont. Will be done pulling it shortly after our 2.6 truck is done. Tow rig only!

I'm convinded the batmowheels are worth it on a stock turbo. Got a cousin that made 552 rwhp on stock injectors with lift pump and batmowheel on LBZ

JRODS*LB7

Feb 1, 2012
SE Massachusetts
QUOTE=bluecollar;606274]Sub... I love mine but its a lb7.. I want to try a 366 but theres something fun about saying its a stock turbo[/QUOTE]
I love mine too spools real fast noticable on bottom end:thumb:

2012-07-06 19.09.24.jpg

Attachments

• 2012-07-06 19.09.24.jpg
    2012-07-06 19.09.24.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 83

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Man I really hope we get this class change next year. Otherwise I think I'm gonna try and jump up to 2.6, least I'll have a fast truck even if I don't win pulls. I would venture to guess if BOB goes with just a 2.5 class, NKTPA won't have the "stock appearing" in the rules. I think they'll allow the same turbos as BOB. They just want trucks to show up and if most frequent BOB events they'll give in. But thats not based on any facts. I asked Scotty wayne about the rule change and he wasn't sure either. He did say if that happened he'd guess they would be limited to a t3 footprint.... Why, I don't know lol Theres gonna be power in that class no matter what.

Briggs0130

Dec 7, 2010
Havent pushed it that hard and prob wont. Will be done pulling it shortly after our 2.6 truck is done. Tow rig only!

I'm convinded the batmowheels are worth it on a stock turbo. Got a cousin that made 552 rwhp on stock injectors with lift pump and batmowheel on LBZ

I'm going to get one this fall. It will be stock injectors LLY. I'm guessing it will be in that range as well. :thumb:

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
alot of 2.6 trucks here are quitting there either breaking there trucks or breaking there wallets it is pretty sad you have to sink a 70-$100000 into a truck just to pull at a brush pull or get embarrassed

TexasLLY

Dec 19, 2013
Mesquite, TX
new guy here, quick newb question about the BmW, when replacing the wheel do you have to remove the turbo entirely from the truck or can I access the wheel with turbo still mounted in the truck?

Kelby_Abels

Sep 3, 2013
Ravenswod, WV

I was really glad to see this post. I have read and read about the BMW and was starting to get scared about it. A close friend has one on the lbz and made 649 with some exhaust housing work, 40 over injectors lift pump and tuning and said it made a world of difference on the take off. I was concerned it wouldn't be worth the effort to do in my lmm but I think I'm going to attempt because our club is considering adopting a new set of rules similar to the BOB and also making a street type class for us poor boys.