Stock manifold blankets

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Mine are getting cold at night.....Got something to keep em warm?:D

I have the only set of stock manifold blankets on my truck at the moment. To be honest, I haven't been selling them because I didn't notice any real measurable changes after I installed them. While I did already have a full blanket kit (turbo, up-pipes, and wrapped downpipe) I hoped that I would notice at least a small change in underhood temps, spool up, and/or overall boost. Even though underhood temps were quite low before I installed the manifold blankets.

I can only figure that the stock heat shields on the manifolds do a good enough job of keeping radiant heat down so underhood temp changes with the blankets is very small. The manifolds also get more airflow across them compared to other hot parts. So they don't bake underhood parts as much as turbo's and up-pipes do. Until you go to a tubular type header that radiates more heat and doesn't have a heat shield of any form.

Long story short, I will sell them if someone is determined on having a set but I want to be upfront and honest about what I found. Until I can revisit this and do testing on a non-blanketed truck and find good results.

Sorry for the long winded reply Simon, I guess a simple, "Sure, they work great" would have worked. Smoke and mirrors isn't really my thing though. :angel:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
K I'm determined

Not looking for performance gain. Looking for radiant issues with a custom set up.

But thanks for your honest opinion Levi:hug:

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
K I'm determined

Not looking for performance gain. Looking for radiant issues with a custom set up.

But thanks for your honest opinion Levi:hug:

Somehow I expected this. :rofl: I'm waiting on material that should be here Tuesday or Wednesday. When it shows I'll give you a shout and get some made up.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
what if you took your heatshield off and the bolts broke off and you can't even get them out with an easy out, would a blanket be a good idea or are they okay without anything?

I havnt had stock heat shields on my truck for a long time now.

If you where determined to run them.....Try using a stainless zip tie

kivetts04dmax

May 20, 2010
Boonville, MO/Pendleton, CA
I didn't have to remove the drivers side, the only reason I took the ps off was because I broke 2 heat shield bolts and 2 uppipe bolts off so I just put another manifold on..if I don't need one then I won't worry about it..