Stock Cam Specs

Mike_S

OOPS!
Nov 18, 2009
Idaho
Quick question for you fellas in the know: How much if at all do the cam specs change between the different generations of engines? I run an LB7 which will be coming out soon to repair a few things and was wondering if it would be worthwile to install say an LMM camshaft. Thanks guys!

Mike

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
If i remember right the cam is the same from all the years , or at a minimum not enough different to worry about .

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
keep the lb7 cam, the newer cams have a different oiling groove (bigger or smaller, i cant remember) that affects oil psi

Mike_S

OOPS!
Nov 18, 2009
Idaho
Yeah, I kinda wondered if they weren't all about the same...just lookin for options for a mild budget build up. Thanks guys!

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
keep the lb7 cam, the newer cams have a different oiling groove (bigger or smaller, i cant remember) that affects oil psi

if he plugs the turbo oil supply in the valley, and takes it from the side of the block or cooler, this should eliminate the issue and keep the pressure in the #4 cam area

Mike_S

OOPS!
Nov 18, 2009
Idaho
if he plugs the turbo oil supply in the valley, and takes it from the side of the block or cooler, this should eliminate the issue and keep the pressure in the #4 cam area

yeah, already done that when I installed the S400.

Last edited: