Sold the Lincoln, Now it's an IH Metro Project

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Well I've been wanting one forever and I finally found a clean 65 Lincoln Continental. No engine. Going to finish the drag truck project then pull the Lincoln in this winter. Planning on getting a Dmax/4l80 combo, 20"s or 22"s and lowered. Leaving it alone beyond that. I'm a sucker for the suicide doors.

7b3d6b6d.jpg

5e7fe3ea.jpg

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Love suicide doors. Turbo blanket business must be doing pretty good, Levi. Congrats!

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Love suicide doors. Turbo blanket business must be doing pretty good, Levi. Congrats!

Yeah, things have been good. I've had a few other irons in the fire pay off lately, so the timing was just about perfect. At $2K, I couldn't pass it up in this condition. Hope things have been going well for you Tom.

Humm You will have to keep us up to date on this my buddy has a 66 and the 462ci is killing him lol

Should be a fairly straight forward deal. Looking real quick today, it's going to need a front sump pan since the crossmember and steering won't allow a factory sump duramax to sit low enough. I'm wondering if I can get my hands on a stamped Kodiak pan and just flip it sump forward. Need to look at the pan rail bolt pattern to see if that can be anything more than an idea.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Awesome project levi please keep us informed as it progresses i want to do the same with a 66 gto or tempest and make it to look like the gto.I swear these old cars have more room under the hood then the 2500 lol

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
YES! I love those things, that is a great price for the sape it looks like it's in :thumb:. All the one's iver ever looked at have a bad habit of the hinges rotting out.

Linden

Sparkplugs FTL
Dec 12, 2009
Florida
so ****ing jealous continental with the rag top is on my bucket list of cars to own before i die

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Thanks guys! Been awhile since I brought home a new project. I'm having a hard time wiping the grin off my face. Once the truck is finished, I'll update progress on the engine swap for this.