soft tonneau?

magnethead494

go fast crew chief
Dec 29, 2013
Fort Worth, Republic of Texas
We go through a 55 gallon drum of race fuel a month, plus haul race gear. Even with the 32 foot enclosed, keeping some stuff in the bed would be nice.

I know soft tonneau's aren't the most secure, but they at least cover stuff. I have dealer access to BAK and Roll'N'Lok. Being lockable is a requirement, without the price tag and bed-obstacles of a hard top. Something that can be closed and locked to cover stuff like floor jack, generator, straps, cooler, whatever, but opened to haul fuel drums and the like.

Last edited:

hrlyguy2

Dec 2, 2011
IL
I have a lorado access cover roll up .I like it alot except with my fifth wheel towing
It has support bars and can only be open if the tail gate is down
if a thieving bastards wants something it don matter what cover it it

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
I love my Access Lorado, but bit isn't secure by any means. A pocket knife gets someone access to anything hiding below the vinyl...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

magnethead494

go fast crew chief
Dec 29, 2013
Fort Worth, Republic of Texas
The ones I am looking at are the folding aluminum ones from BAK right now. I don't know how well they lock though. Roll n lock locks onto the tailgate, but it's just a vinyl roll, like you said, pocket knife makes quick work. Aluminum isn't much better, but at least most pocket knifes can't puncture it.

Bersaglieri

Dec 28, 2013
Extang Tirfold is the one I'm looking at. Looks pretty heavy duty and you have to open the tailgate to unlock. Problem is my tailgate doesn't have a key lock... not sure if you can buy a bezel or anything to change that.

Bersaglieri

Dec 28, 2013
I found this on ebay:

$%28KGrHqN,!nsFIIr7yUp5BSG9MlN8Gw~~60_3.JPG

Not sure how well they work, but that and a hard tonneau like this:
extang_solid_fold_half_open.jpg

Or this:
roll-n-lock_tonneau_cover_1.jpg

Is the route I'm hoping to take. Something that can at least deter people, but be removed easily to haul bigger stuff or a gooseneck trailer.

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Looks pretty good on there. How much room did it take up at the front of the box? Also, how much did it weigh, roughly? Thanks again.

DieselmafiaLLY

Keep Calm and Go Crazy
Apr 6, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Ya I liked it it really didnt take up much prob about 12x12" box up front it rolled into there was still some room below it where you could put things a guy I know made a transfer tank to fit below it here is a pic
ajyha5av.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Bersaglieri

Dec 28, 2013
That roll n lock seems like the best option to secure items the bed. My question is how does it lock to the tailgate?

Bersaglieri

Dec 28, 2013
So, in theory, it should keep people from stealing the tailgate too. I'm sold, time to find one.