Question: Snowmobilers...

Sledhead

Mountain Pass Machine
Nov 29, 2008
BC
What forums do you recommend? I've been chased away from many with all the ads :mad:

We sure have it good here :thumb:

XP800 Powertek guys, list your mods. My stock 09 154" deserves some attention this year :D

Sledhead

Mountain Pass Machine
Nov 29, 2008
BC
Gooooooo green Arctic cat Rocks :thumb:Got 6 of em and only 1 is stock (Mama'a sled she wont let me touch it):rolleyes:

I've yet to see a sled I wouldn't ride ;)

Had a 600 Powder Special, big bore long track (136") mountain sled of the day back then :rolleyes:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
AC Guy here 2010 M8 153. I still hang out on Snowest, mostly I just ignore the ads the best I can. Back Country Rebels is a pretty good site as well. When snowest imploded and started charging, alot of the old school guys that refused to pay for free information went there.

Sledhead

Mountain Pass Machine
Nov 29, 2008
BC
Good info, I left in 30 seconds when I heard that too. Any other forums to check out?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
www.dootalk.com or www.snowandmud.com

I have the same screen name on both sites as here.

I ride doo. Not a Ptek though. Still riding a modded '04 Summit 800 HO X 162"

The guys/gals on dootalk get together for a ride every year around Revy/Sicamous. You should try and make it!

Last edited:

SBLC

Here to Learn
Jun 12, 2008
Utah
x2, dootalk.

As for the seld I would recommend getting in touch with dj(dynamoe joe) for his clutch kit. Last season I put his clutch kit on my 2007 800r and haven't looked back since!

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
x2, dootalk.

As for the seld I would recommend getting in touch with dj(dynamoe joe) for his clutch kit. Last season I put his clutch kit on my 2007 800r and haven't looked back since!

X2. DJ knows his stuff. I've ridden sleds with his kits and they are top shelf!! I'm putting one in mine here right away.

billygoat7c

Feb 1, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
i dont go on snowest anymore outside of the Colorado section, ads and reading limits bug me too. I hang out on backcountryrebels.com once the snow starts to fly...it gets quiet during the summer months.

i got an 09 M8 with a Boondockers race gas turbo setup. been an amazing sled for 4k miles!

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Flat lander here and old school,hate the dimond drive!!!! now that cat went back to the old design as of this year ill start looking at new 1s again other wise im still on zrts with big bores, 95 lite weighted 1108 hooper ice racer slamed on the ground,2000 green hood zrt800 with a 1050 hooper bored to a 1080 my trail rider,a 98 zrt 800 heveyweight lowered a little 1080 cpr motor made to look like a trail rider :thumb: zr900 03 black magic 925 motor hot trail sled 98 zrt 600 long track spare loaner non ported heads milled not much done to this all of these were bought blown up or chassis's with motors apart in a basket all ported and piped then there mamas 02 zr 500 she wont let me touch it:(

Sledhead

Mountain Pass Machine
Nov 29, 2008
BC
www.dootalk.com or www.snowandmud.com

I have the same screen name on both sites as here.

I ride doo. Not a Ptek though. Still riding a modded '04 Summit 800 HO X 162"

The guys/gals on dootalk get together for a ride every year around Revy/Sicamous. You should try and make it!

I'll try those forums, I remember dootalk now.

Definately going to ride more than I did last year :woott:

x2, dootalk.

I've heard of that guy, going to look him up...

i dont go on snowest anymore outside of the Colorado section, ads and reading limits bug me too. I hang out on backcountryrebels.com once the snow starts to fly...it gets quiet during the summer months.

i got an 09 M8 with a Boondockers race gas turbo setup. been an amazing sled for 4k miles!

Hadn't heard of that site before, thanks.

That's great service from a wicked machine I bet :thumb:

Flat lander here and old school,hate the dimond drive!!!! now that cat went back to the old design as of this year ill start looking at new 1s again other wise im still on zrts with big bores, 95 lite weighted 1108 hooper ice racer slamed on the ground,2000 green hood zrt800 with a 1050 hooper bored to a 1080 my trail rider,a 98 zrt 800 heveyweight lowered a little 1080 cpr motor made to look like a trail rider :thumb: zr900 03 black magic 925 motor hot trail sled 98 zrt 600 long track spare loaner non ported heads milled not much done to this all of these were bought blown up or chassis's with motors apart in a basket all ported and piped then there mamas 02 zr 500 she wont let me touch it:(

Some serious Cat Pride there, great fleet! What was wrong with the diamond drive?

Great info here so far :thumb: snow's comin' :D

Mike_S

OOPS!
Nov 18, 2009
Idaho
Havent really been on the sled forums much since highschool, maybe i should get back into it.

Im still riding oldschool though, polaris edge-based bulkhead customized and running a van-amburg tunnell, all HRP suspension goodies, and a genessis 1200 three banger. I love that sled. :)

Last time i was on any sledding forums people were still swearing up and down on their mamma's grave that you couldnt turbocharge a 2-stroke engine, and if you did all it would do is burn more fuel. LOL! :rofl:

skidoosleds3

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
I'm on sledfreak.com and dootalk.com under the same name. There is some good info on sled freak. I can't wait for the snow to fly. I ordered a renegade x back in April. This will be sled number 5.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I never liked the diamond drive,i never thought it worked very well and cats claims didnt make sence and the fact they went back to the old drive kind of confirms my beliefs.Not saying you cant get it to work just very difficult IMO

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Diamond Drive works just fine. I have had 4 Sleds with the Diamond drives. The clutching needs to be fine tuned, with that said, I never ride with stock clutching. I like it taylored to my style.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Diamond Drive works just fine. I have had 4 Sleds with the Diamond drives. The clutching needs to be fine tuned, with that said, I never ride with stock clutching. I like it taylored to my style.
I just dont like it and im glad they went back to the old drive.i dont think it was all it was crackred up to be is all