Single Cab Short Bed LB7 2WD build/INTRO

RMJ_LB7

Feb 25, 2020
California
Good morning everyone!

I am already pretty far into my build but here is some pictures that will be able to fill you guys in. I picked up this Federal Emissions LB7 for $2400 and was suppose to just fix the power steering pump (Only thing that was wrong) and ended up removing the long bed, gutting everything in the back and converting to short bed. I then decided to 4-Link the rear end with coilovers and also install fuel cell. For some reason the Allison came out and I built a 4L80E and swapped that in. I now am working on plumbing the fuel system, wiring, building the ratchet shifter mount and a few odds and ends. I am hopefully going to have the truck running next month!

01 duramax SCSB - day I picked up truck.jpg

Long bed removed.jpg

Axle underneath just to move out of shop.jpg

Test fit Short bed.jpg

First Installed Fuel Cell.jpg

Attachments

• 01 duramax SCSB - day I picked up truck.jpg
    01 duramax SCSB - day I picked up truck.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 101
  • Long bed removed.jpg
    Long bed removed.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 87
  • Axle underneath just to move out of shop.jpg
    Axle underneath just to move out of shop.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 83
  • Test fit Short bed.jpg
    Test fit Short bed.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 87
  • First Installed Fuel Cell.jpg
    First Installed Fuel Cell.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 82

RMJ_LB7

Feb 25, 2020
California
Looking good! Can't wait to see this bad boy putting down some passes, especially once you get it dialed in.

I am super excited! The track near me is already open so I just need to get it finalized! I am going to have to learn a lot about setting up the QA1 coilovers and such

RMJ_LB7

Feb 25, 2020
California
d927eac0317865a5fdfc3518c600c1f7.jpg

Picked up a set of fans for $20 over the weekend! They are basically brand new!

2ea2bd9b95a1c921b7dd0d1400a5a784.jpg

Here is how the fuel pump is setup for now. Waiting for the fuel pressure regulator and the trans line pressure gauge to show up!

Next is to build the ratchet shifter mount which will hopefully be done by the end of this week. I have a weekend ahead of just wiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RMJ_LB7

Feb 25, 2020
California
Fun build to follow.

4l80 gonna be full manual or still electronically controlled?

It is technically full manual right now since I am running Jake’s black box which electronically turns it into a full manual. I am saving up for a full manual with trans brake valve body. Debating on jake’s or Rossler.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I would stay away from jakes imho. He screwed a couple of my friends over on transmission stuff. I’m surprised he’s still up and running

RMJ_LB7

Feb 25, 2020
California
TH400 seems to be living well also when built right on lighter vehicles.

I am hoping to be somewhere in the higher 4k for weight. I am trying to shave as much weight as possible while still leaving it a street truck. I built the transmission myself so we shall see if it holds up :rofl: :roflmao:

RMJ_LB7

Feb 25, 2020
California
Talk to JoshH, he tried both and only got one to work right behind the duramax in the van. :thumb:

I will try to get in contact with him! I love his van!

I would stay away from jakes imho. He screwed a couple of my friends over on transmission stuff. I’m surprised he’s still up and running

I have heard something similar to that... I wish Goerend would make a transbrake for the 4l80e.

RMJ_LB7

Feb 25, 2020
California
Thank you guys for the info! I am talking with Josh H right now and it sounds like Rossler is the way to go...

I also picked up this trans line pressure gauge to be able to monitor it while driving just to make sure everything is in check. Since this is the first transmission I’ve ever built I felt it was necessary lol.
fef72a908ea4a342c4795d9151a3680a.jpg