Shudder in 6th gear

08lmm72mm

May 13, 2019
Saskatchewan, Canada
Never ending this truck is. Noticed lately when in 6th gear with the cruise control set and rpms around 16-1800 I'm getting a slight shudder. If I select 'M' and force it to 5th gear it goes away.

Brand new Limitless 1078 installed about 18 months ago with around 10,000km put on it. No boosted launches, no pulling anything. Trans shifts absolutely perfect, and doesn't run warm at all usually around 60C, no shift flares or rough up/downshifts.

I have noticed since I put the 1078 in it would always couple like a mofo everytime never blow through, in the last month or so I've noticed when I get on it, it will blow through then in the next gear it's almost like a sling shot the fluid coupling kicks in. Going to use the tech 2 and check see if there is any slip hopefully in the next day or 2 when I get time.

Possible the pump is getting weak? I know everything is a a guess at this point, just curious of any opinions what to look for. Going to check for tcc slip when the converter is locked in 6th first.

*edit*
I've already inquired about a diy kit from Evan.

Last edited: