Shop recommendations in Houston area

TexasRedNeck

Diesel Newbie
Nov 25, 2012
Houston, Texas
Well I would have never thought I'd have such a hard time finding a reputable shop to even handle basic diesel work in Houston.

I'm interested in engine and transmission work. Diagnostics, hard parts and tuning.

Also any reputable machine shops for a mild engine build/rebuild would be appreciated.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Chris at Relentless Diesel in Willis, TX a great guy to deal with. Very knowledgeable and takes pride in having a satisfied customer.

Willis is bout 1 hr from downtown houston, few miles north of Conroe.

If you call him, tell him Russell Coker referred you. He has done a lot of work for guys I know around here including trans, twin installs, tuning, etc.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Chris's is the only place I know of that is close and works on Dmax regularly. You could PM 2500HeavyDuty not sure what he is doing these days.

TexasRedNeck

Diesel Newbie
Nov 25, 2012
Houston, Texas
See? I wish I had the foresight to talk to each of you before using a local shop that was marginal at best for some work. I guess I can say it, since I have the facts to back it up. Houston Performance Diesel was anything but.

On the recommendations of another board member I did spend about 30 minutes on the phone with Brad at Calvin's. Seems like a pretty squared away dude. I may have to drop the truck there and go fishing at Lake Calcasieu for a day or so.....

I think I'll call Chris at Relentless and pick his brain too.

Thanks for all the info.

07bluelbz

Work Hard & Play Harder
Sep 6, 2009
Beaumont,Texas
Brad and all the guys at Calvin's are stand up guys for sure. Like Russell said Chris @ Relentless seems to care about his customers before and after the sale also.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Best to email Chris, his wife is due in a week or so and the shop is busy. If you call you do call him, the best time is between 11:00-1:00 because somewhere in there he takes a quick lunch and will pick up the phone in the office. :thumb:

[email protected]

smdls1

Nov 21, 2012
es

Brad is about the smartest fella I know... It's worth picking his brain a little! I do it daily. Lol

Yes he is and he cares about what he does, thats why Calvin's is the only shop that works on my vehicles...it nice having that piece of mind knowing someone is doing it right! I promise if you let Calvin's do your work you will never regret it.