Shipping A Truck

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
Has anyone shipped a truck before? Found a truck I am really interested in and it would cost around $600 for me to fly down and drive it back. I was thinking of having it shipped up. It runs and drives.

blitzin247

That didn't sound good...
Feb 9, 2013
Everywhere
I had mine shipped from TX to FL sight unseen (except for ebay pics) I had a friend who I really trusted ship it for me after inspection, and gave him cash to pay for the truck and cash to tow it) I do wish sometimes I would have waited, but I dont regret it when I drive my truck after how much time I have put into it fixing it MYSELF. Its a great feeling, anyway thats irrelevant.

I wouldnt have a problem shipping it as long as its someone you have heard good things about. Im sure there are a few on here that can tow it for you at a competitive rate.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
just saw this LOL

edit
avg rates i see for autos on the load boards is .90-1.20 a loaded mile.. which isnt bad IF you can get 2-3 on going the same direction... i can only fit one on..i do my best to stay above 1.50 mile

edit hotshot takes ~.70 just to run down the road fully insured

Last edited:

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
http://www.uship.com/

I have never used, but have heard good review's.

those guys are a bunch of idiots over there.... people want to ship things at break even or less than rates.. next question are they running fly by night(illegal) if they get busted with your load on them you just lost money, or straight laced??

i have had people ask me to ship XYZ, i give them a reduces rates (i charge the brokers 1.8-2.00 mile) because i know them, then the bitch that they can do it cheaper! they are asking to rent my time, and wear and tear on my equipment, i value both... short runs that dont effect my normal working hours is usaully fuel/food +10%.. no offense to erric.. im not turning ~2600 miles (round trip from my house pickup drop off) for food/fuel+10% in 48-50 hours(weekend)

take building an engine.. parts are cheap.. factor in 40-100 hours for labor at 60-90.00 an hour and you just doubled your build cost easy.
if you have the tools you can build a ~1000hp long block for less than 10,000.00 with all new stuff and farm out machine work. hiring a shop and you are adding 5,000.00 easy to that build.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
U-Ship isn't that TV show some how associated with them? I recall seeing something like that . Maybe you can meet Roy! He drives a Duramax! :D

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
If it checks out and drives nice I will fly down and drive it back. I can make a weekend trip and be out about half of what it would cost me to have it shipped.

No problem Adam everyone's time is worth something and I would never expect anyone to do that kind of load for fuel/food and 10%.