shift adapt w/tech 2

marc75

Apr 22, 2009
if i reset the tap 4th and 5th with tech 2 can i do it on drag strip with WOT ?? what's the best way to do it on built allison 6 speed i run twin about 900-1000rwhp

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
You do it standing still. Remember it will have to learn the shift after that because you diverged the shift. After resetting those shifts, they will be starting from the base setting and will have to slip a few times to adjust the pressure.

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
Maybe not damage. But it's not going to like it and can effect your shift time in the quarter while going through gears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Yes that's why i want to do it before elimination

Not a good idea. When I said it would diverge a shift; that means that the shift will not fall into the proper timing sequence and pressure rise because the TCM does not know what to expect. When the shift is converged; the TCM knows what the target is and works to get the pressure and timing correct.
The TCM is always looking to produce the perfect shift which is 7 tenths of a second. It adjusts accordingly but very slowly because it is always in slow learn. So that means it's trimming the pressures up or down a little at a time.
When you reset a TAP ( Target Applied Pressure ), you put the TCM into a fast learn ( if you're lucky ) and it make much quicker changes in pressure. In quick learn the pressure jumps up and down in big steps to hurry up the relearn. It works itself towards the middle and then, when it feels it's close, it goes into slow learn and begins trimming the pressure.
No matter what you do, the TCM needs some time to learn what to expect or the trans pays a price.

marc75

Apr 22, 2009
ok now it's clear thank you for your time Mike i just want to make the right thing

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Not a good idea. When I said it would diverge a shift; that means that the shift will not fall into the proper timing sequence and pressure rise because the TCM does not know what to expect. When the shift is converged; the TCM knows what the target is and works to get the pressure and timing correct.
The TCM is always looking to produce the perfect shift which is 7 tenths of a second. It adjusts accordingly but very slowly because it is always in slow learn. So that means it's trimming the pressures up or down a little at a time.
When you reset a TAP ( Target Applied Pressure ), you put the TCM into a fast learn ( if you're lucky ) and it make much quicker changes in pressure. In quick learn the pressure jumps up and down in big steps to hurry up the relearn. It works itself towards the middle and then, when it feels it's close, it goes into slow learn and begins trimming the pressure.
No matter what you do, the TCM needs some time to learn what to expect or the trans pays a price.

Very good advice Mike. :thumb:

Saved that..