September '22 chat thread -- "The View thru the Smoke"

Status
Not open for further replies.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
We need a random chat thread. Somewhere us old guys can rag on each other and etc.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
that's what I thought all these threads were for. isn't it expected that we are supposed to derail them with useless info, raging on each other and making jokes? 😛. confined to one area can make the forum a little dry

OleBlackyLBZ

May 22, 2020
We need a random chat thread. Somewhere us old guys can rag on each other and etc.
I'm only 28 and I doubt it counts that I watched this site for several years before I ever had an account or even owned a Duramax haha. I was thinking last night reading the oil cooling thread we needed something like this though. What I was going to say didn't really go with that thread

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I'm only 28 and I doubt it counts that I watched this site for several years before I ever had an account or even owned a Duramax haha. I was thinking last night reading the oil cooling thread we needed something like this though. What I was going to say didn't really go with that thread
it's all about opportunity. one needs to always be near the keyboard hitting refresh over and over looking for the right time to fire back a witty reply or joke that fits the context. don't let there be any wasted opportunities 😛

OleBlackyLBZ

May 22, 2020
I haven't been around nearly as long as some of you guys, but it's wayy different on here now. I never see the boys from atp anymore, verlon, dustin, or rob (understandably so).. then there is brayden and caleb from fleece, trent nell, (mike diesel), (coaker something), ben(durotothemax), henry from creatures of the night used to sell parts, the guys from merchant automotive, duramaxtuner guys. That's just to name a few off the top of my head, I do miss the old days, it was sure buzzin back then.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Corbin, I think you just started it.
Ive got an idea that Ive seen over at CruzeTalk: Every month on the 1st they have a new chat thread with a funny title in their OffTopic.
The old threads get closed so theres no confusion. If you want to do that, come up with a name for this one and I'll retitle it and get it moved to SmokeSignals. Then every month we'll start a new one.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013

Im not much older. Just been around a while. Hell not even sure when I joined

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Corbin, I think you just started it.
Ive got an idea that Ive seen over at CruzeTalk: Every month on the 1st they have a new chat thread with a funny title in their OffTopic.
The old threads get closed so theres no confusion. If you want to do that, come up with a name for this one and I'll retitle it and get it moved to SmokeSignals. Then every month we'll start a new one.

Sounds good to me Tom.

No off topic is off topic- is good enough for me, I wasn’t sure where to post this earlier so go ahead and move it where it needs to be.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I haven't been around nearly as long as some of you guys, but it's wayy different on here now. I never see the boys from atp anymore, verlon, dustin, or rob (understandably so).. then there is brayden and caleb from fleece, trent nell, (mike diesel), (coaker something), ben(durotothemax), henry from creatures of the night used to sell parts, the guys from merchant automotive, duramaxtuner guys. That's just to name a few off the top of my head, I do miss the old days, it was sure buzzin back then.

Speaking of Trent I wonder where he ran off to.. the crazy shit he pulled off was comical. Hell his delipped pistons might be my favorite.

OleBlackyLBZ

May 22, 2020
Speaking of Trent I wonder where he ran off to.. the crazy shit he pulled off was comical. Hell his delipped pistons might be my favorite.
Idk but he hasent been on here since 2012 and his facebook went silent that same year. Ya Im thinkin he had less than 5k in his budget build unless im confusing him with someone else haha. I love that stuff 😂

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Well, there ya go..... chat can be about anything, but try to keep tech in Tech if possible. We all know how it goes at DD, though. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: countrycorey

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Um, its still in the garage all torn apart. I hit a point my skills werent enough. Plus life got in the way.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Um, its still in the garage all torn apart. I hit a point my skills werent enough. Plus life got in the way.
I understand that all to well. I’ve got a 9 month old, 6 year old, and a 7 year old. The trucks and toys are on the back burner for a bit. But I wouldn’t trade it for anything

Status
Not open for further replies.