scrootertrash

scrootertrash

Jul 7, 2014
Hello all just registered, I own a 2006 Chevy 2500HD LBZ I have a question and a problem. The tow/haul mode button no longer works and the manual shift no longer works. This just started about a month ago at first I could wiggle the shift handle and the buttons would work,now they quit all together. Does anyone know what might be the fix for this? I've been able to repair most mechanical things but this has me puzzled. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
email: [email protected]
Thanks

ryan415

Oct 24, 2012
It is very common for the shifter harness to break where the shifter pivots. Remove the lower steering column cover and check the orange wiring harness. If they are damaged you can either repair the broken wires or replace the shifter.

scrootertrash

Jul 7, 2014
Thank you very much I will do exactly as you suggested and let you know later. Your reply is very much appreciated!!!
Thank you.

scrootertrash

Jul 7, 2014
Thanks again for the advice, I took it apart and found two broken wires. Rather than try and repair them I just purchased a new shift handle complete. Real simple job to do. The price was only $72.00 from the local Chevy dealer. Good thing it was the year I have the parts guy said if had been an older one it would have cost over $100.00. The bitch:mad: was putting the steering column covers back.
Again thank you very much.:thumb:
Louie:>):)

ryan415

Oct 24, 2012
Glad to hear:thumb: Yeah I didn't think they were that much and it's much easier than trying to solder the old one. Oh and yeah those covers are a pain to put back on lol