Scripting problem

SHOTZY

<"Whats next??"
Aug 27, 2008
melbourne, fl
I'm trying to script a tune and when I try to compare the two tunes it says I can't because the o.s. is different. I thought you had to have the tunes side by side to script. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Very new to this. Thanks

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
To script you will need the modded tune and a stock version of that modded tune. Open the stock one and then the modded one in the second window. Go to edit and select create script. Make your script and then you take that and run that script over your stock OS and then you have scripted it.

SHOTZY

<"Whats next??"
Aug 27, 2008
melbourne, fl
The first part makes sense but after I script the modded tune I'll still have a different os right? Sorry so green here.:(

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
No it won't change your OS. After you run the script on your OS go through all the tables before you save it the changes will be in blue. Your looking for things that are out of place tire size fuel tanks size ETC.

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio
I have made a script from another truck and tune with the same OS. 8594. I just tried it on my 8594OS and the tune was really screwed up. I am going to try making a new script, or I'll have to resort to the old copy and paste. :confused:

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
what was screwed up about it, did you make sure the tune you scripted from has the same size fuel tank as yours and is the tune in metric or imperial, it makes a difference

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
But if the script your running was from a truck with a different fuel tank it will change it when you run the script. You just have to change it back.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
But if the script your running was from a truck with a different fuel tank it will change it when you run the script. You just have to change it back.
No it won't. A script only changes what has been changed from the tune you are comparing. In other words, when you create the original tune, as long as you don't change the fuel tank parameters from stock, they will not be included in the script.

Dec 2, 2006
TN
But if it was built off a 3500 and the tune is that of a 3500 it will have the Fuel Size in the script since your going over a 2500?

I'm I making any sense? :eek:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
But if it was built off a 3500 and the tune is that of a 3500 it will have the Fuel Size in the script since your going over a 2500?

I'm I making any sense? :eek:
If you use a stock tune with a 34 gallon tank, and the alternate tune you are using to create the script also has a 34 gallon tank, you can use the script to make a tune for a truck with a 26 gallon tank without doing anything to the fuel tank parameters. If any table is the same in the original tune as the alternate tune, that table will not be included in the script.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Thats true well anyways some how my truck started thinking it had a 34 gal tank once. My only point was its just a good idea to look over things and see what was changed.

Last edited: