Scientist ranks

Poltergeist

Ghost in the Machine
Aug 1, 2006
Ontario, Calif.
www.poltergeist.us
Are you currently Folding with 1 or more computers? If so and you part of the Duramax Diesels team you can now show it here. I have created rank buttons for you. I currently have them for:

5, 25, 50, 75, 100, 125, 150, 200 and 250 WU (work units). Post in here along with your name on the team (if its not the same as your username on here) and I'll add the rank to you.

If you don't know what Folding is look in the next post.

Team Duramax Diesels stats

Exteme Overclocking list

Poltergeist

Ghost in the Machine
Aug 1, 2006
Ontario, Calif.
www.poltergeist.us
Stanford University Medical School is researching the construction of the proteins in our bodies. Proteins are the real force behind life as we know it. IIRC, they work because they "fold" into different configurations when acted on by other molecules or forces.

To analyze these proteins, they would need several $$$$ supercomputers they don't have. So instead, they have enlisted the help of computer users all over the world to hook up to their mainframe and act as little worker bees. Each donor computer is given a protein problem to solve, and when you aren't using your computer's full power, it solves the problem with your unused CPU time. It's called Distributed Computing, and it gives the scientists access to one of the most powerful computer systems in the world.

To participate, go to http://folding.stanford.edu/ and do a little reading and download the "client" software if you choose, it works on Windows PC's, Mac OS X, and 64-bit Linux and even the Sony Playstation 3 (PS3, it's called "Life with Playstation"), and if you like, sign up with team:

Team #: 195247
Team Name: DuramaxDiesels

It runs in the background, and you don't even know it's there, except the PS3, which will only run when you tell it to, and won't run while playing games.

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Super Genius and Evil Genius sound kinda cool......Super Evil is kinda gay IMO lol.

Maybe like Mad Scientist or something like that?