Scheid

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
6.60s on a stock bottom end....that's really leaning on it. Wish I had a built motor ready to drop in I'd do the same lol

Hole Shot

Smoking LB7
Feb 12, 2010
Quincy, Fl
seeing dually 2.6 and 2.8 trucks do burnouts in the campground was probably hands down the most bad ass thing I have ever seen!

You guys can keep the out in the town mess....the pits is where it's at!:thumb:

Sounds like the typical idiots out in the town though....don't know when to quit!

Stuff like that is going to stop what few events we have. I took my wife and kids to the TS race last year there was a bunch a that crap going on up there and they run everybody off.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
All in All i had a good time, had to deal with a bunch of drunken idiots, but you gotta expect that with an event that size. Unfortunatly i got bit by the track all weekend, friday during qualifying i got 4th from the last hook out of 50 trucks or so, they didnt water the track the whole time, so it was a dust bowl when i pulled, it looked like a california track.:D I pretty much blew my tires of and placed somewhere around 21 i beleive. All of the last 15 trucks or so didnt do well, and there was some really good running trucks in that group. Saturday i had some better luck, and was in the middle of the pack, and placed 3rd. Then the finals came saturday night and i drew first hook, well not listening to some peoples advice that i should have, i took my hook cause i pulled 307, all weekend they hadnt been letting the 2.8 trucks pull over 300 much, and knowing that the track went to shit all weekend, i figured i was setting good. Low and behold they watered the track between every pull and it got better and better. Some of the trucks that i beat earlier in the day, beat me that afternoon. Thats part if it i suppose, i feel ok with 15th out of the top 26 considering i had the worst pulling position of the evening. I know everyone is complaining about the tracks and everything, but with an event that size, its hard to stay on top of everything. Im happy for the most part with how the Scheids crew handled it, they were pretty fair during teching, and i event seen the find a n20 bottle on a dodge in the 2.6 class who was parked right next to my trailer.

I watched a little bit of the drags, i was hoping that wasnt Matts built motor that grenaded, thats about the time we decided to head back home.

It was nice meeting everyone, and seeing old friends, looking forward to next year already.:D

Last edited:

duramaxxin73

Mar 5, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
All in All i had a good time, had to deal with a bunch of drunken idiots, but you gotta expect that with an event that size. Unfortunatly i got bit by the track all weekend, friday during qualifying i got 4th from the last hook out of 50 trucks or so, they didnt water the track the whole time, so it was a dust bowl when i pulled, it looked like a california track.:D I pretty much blew my tires of and placed somewhere around 21 i beleive. All of the last 15 trucks or so didnt do well, and there was some really good running trucks in that group. Saturday i had some better luck, and was in the middle of the pack, and placed 3rd. Then the finals came saturday night and i drew first hook, well not listening to some peoples advice that i should have, i took my hook cause i pulled 307, all weekend they hadnt been letting the 2.8 trucks pull over 300 much, and knowing that the track went to shit all weekend, i figured i was setting good. Low and behold they watered the track between every pull and it got better and better. Some of the trucks that i beat earlier in the day, beat me that afternoon. Thats part if it i suppose, i feel ok with 15th out of the top 26 considering i had the worst pulling position of the evening. I know everyone is complaining about the tracks and everything, but with an event that size, its hard to stay on top of everything. Im happy for the most part with how the Scheids crew handled it, they were pretty fair during teching, and i event seen the find a n20 bottle on a dodge in the 2.6 class who was parked right next to my trailer.

I watched a little bit of the drags, i was hoping that wasnt Matts built motor that grenaded, thats about the time we decided to head back home.

It was nice meeting everyone, and seeing old friends, looking forward to next year already.:D

That track just gets better and better at night. It always does. I had a blast too. Finished 9th in 2.6, and then went back to the trailer to find some guy passed out behind it. And got to hang out with friends. All in all it was a good weekend. Oh yea and getting to hear Bryson quote pretty much every movie while we ate at IHOP was hilarious:happy2:

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
That track just gets better and better at night. It always does. I had a blast too. Finished 9th in 2.6, and then went back to the trailer to find some guy passed out behind it. And got to hang out with friends. All in all it was a good weekend. Oh yea and getting to hear Bryson quote pretty much every movie while we ate at IHOP was hilarious:happy2:

Haha, you should hear us when we work on the truck, the movie quotes go on all night.:D

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
Wes, I saw you cruising around the Burlington Coat Factory Sunday morning (I was in the gray CR cummins)...I recognized all the stickers.

Rob your truck runs awesome...that sucks about the draw. I was going to stop when you guys were lined up Saturday morning but I didn't want to interrupt.

Congrats to Wesley on the 3.0 win.

Scheid's was a great time again this year :thumb:

Last edited:

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
Wes, I saw you cruising around the Burlington Coat Factory Sunday morning (I was in the gray CR cummins)...I recognized all the stickers.

Rob your truck runs awesome...that sucks about the draw. I was going to stop when you guys were lined up Saturday morning but I didn't want to interrupt.

Congrats to Wesley on the 3.0 win.

Scheid's was a great time again this year :thumb:

Holy shit man why didnt you flag me down hell I enjoy getting to meet the ppl I talk to on here and putting faces with names

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
Rob,
Eric and I were talking. He said next year if he makes the finals & draws a low # he's loading it up & going home :D It sucks when the draw determines the outcome :( It happens but it sucks all the same

TIMTHECARMAN2004

Block Hole Maker
Sep 23, 2007
The Worst part is that he would have only been put back to 6th position for his rehook, and the track started to come back about truck 15 or so... O well it is still in one piece, and next year we'll hopefully do better. :thumb:

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
I didn't put two and two together immediately, and by then you were already past.

Lol it is ok I remember seeing the truck you was in becuase I said there is another diesel coming to check out the aftershock of everything and that same day in the afternoon when we was headed home we seen 2 monster bucks in a soy bean field and I was like holy shit im stopping to get a picture and everybody was like NO you are gonna get us killed because I was all over the interstate trying to get a better look at um :D

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
The Worst part is that he would have only been put back to 6th position for his rehook, and the track started to come back about truck 15 or so... O well it is still in one piece, and next year we'll hopefully do better. :thumb:

You cant read a track, you dont know when it got better:spit::spit:
and who says ill have the truck next year???:joker: