Saving for a clutch...

TonOfDalt

More is better!!!!
Aug 9, 2012
Spoke Valley, WA.
So after playing around for a few weeks tunning more and more power out of my LB7 I am to the point where when I step on it, RPM's raise without a increase in speed and finally after 2-3 seconds the cutch seems to catch up. This has led me to start saving for a clutch but which one???
From what I have read I need a dual disc but what should I ask for for friction material??? Here's where I am at...
Have not dyno'd it yet but I believe im in the 475-525 HP range and plan on going until I am at about 550-600 all motor but then will be adding Nitrous next spring. Not planning on being over 650 HP.
Truck is my daily driver and will be used at the strip maybe 5-6 times a year.
Any suggestions would be great! I am currently looking at SouthBend's DDMAXCBY Clutch kit.

Hvactech

Sep 4, 2012
I my clutch aimt that bad, but it is definitely on its way. I have heard vood things about south bend clutches

duramax3388

May 22, 2008
Zanesville Ohio
Do.you have a.stock clutch now? My stocker wouldn't hardly hold a superchips programer so I doubt your anywhere close to 500 with a stock clutch. Clutch material is going to depend on what your going to do with it. I think most just make a Ceramic or a Sintered Iron but other variations could be made. Best bet is to call South Bend or Vlair or Kennys tell them what your doing and they will set you straight. I daily drove a used South Bend ceramic dual disk for two years and it took all I could give it.

TonOfDalt

More is better!!!!
Aug 9, 2012
Spoke Valley, WA.
Do.you have a.stock clutch now? My stocker wouldn't hardly hold a superchips programer so I doubt your anywhere close to 500 with a stock clutch. Clutch material is going to depend on what your going to do with it. I think most just make a Ceramic or a Sintered Iron but other variations could be made. Best bet is to call South Bend or Vlair or Kennys tell them what your doing and they will set you straight. I daily drove a used South Bend ceramic dual disk for two years and it took all I could give it.

Sounds good, thanks for the advice guys!
I am unshure what is in it currently but I know its not the stock set-up as it bites harder than other LB7/ZF6 combos I test drove before getting this one. I am guessing the previous owner had it replaced with something a little over stock as this thing was used hard as a daily hauler in Oklahoma hauling just about everything with a goose-neck.
On a side note.... I would love to get to the Dyno to verify my claims or at least improve upon what I have already done with my programming but its a waste until I can harness what I am already making.