S475 Twin Questions / Help

Jscherbs

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Oct 27, 2009
Canton, MI
Finished the twin kit last night. S475 over stock and I have a few questions/concerns I'm hoping someone could help me out with. While the kit was being installed the truck sat without the batterys connected for the better part of three weeks. I'm thinking my truck is still relearning my driving habits (have not been able to drive it much yet) and getting used to the new charger set up, because it is very very laggy.

The truck is very laggy all of the time, it has gotten progressivly better since i started driving it last night, but it is still not great. I tried turning my tune up and it helped but only a little bit; it just seemed to come on harder on top end when it did finally light. When it DOES FINALLY light on my smaller tune (stock turbo 410hp lb7 tune) it hits 40lbs on the dot and holds there perfectly through the big gears, once it gets going in RIPS! RUNS GREAT!! BUUTTTTTTTTTT.... It essentially has no bottom end. I got passed by a fiesta because I could not get my shit to light and I started to get worried.

I guess my questions are what is causing the lag and will it go away? Is the truck still relearning and will continue to progressivly drive better? Does anyone else experience this issue after a truck has sat for weeks and finally starts running again? Should I load a bigger tune in it? Could there be something with the tuning that could fix it?

The truck ran great before it went in there 1.68 60ft the day before and changed all filters and fluids while it was down. CP3 is within 2000 of commanded rail pressure and my injector balance rates are all in the green. The truck throws no codes.

Thanks!

Jscherbs

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Oct 27, 2009
Canton, MI
Few pics

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303480156.800295.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303480156.800295.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 83
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303480211.482738.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303480211.482738.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 81

Jscherbs

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Oct 27, 2009
Canton, MI
I think they are all tight, ill check again but I dont think i have any boost or exhaust leaks becuase when it does light it holds a constant boost level. I guess it could be a small leak but the issue is not getting max boost, its getting ANY boost to build.

Jscherbs

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Oct 27, 2009
Canton, MI
The fuel filter was changed when it was down.

Paint, I'm thinking the same thing. Dont quite know what to do as my ECM is locked.

Jscherbs

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Oct 27, 2009
Canton, MI
Doesnt help that I put a 5 inch intake on it either. lol OOPS!

Nick got me all squared away he just called back so ALL IS WELL IN MY WORLD. NEXT DAY AIR and it will be cranking hard by tomorrow!!! Great customer service there!!!

Thanks for the help!

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Duramaxtuner.

you need to send it back and have him rescale the MAF tabels if you havent already. it will be a laggy mofo if you dont (been down that road lol)

lol you posted right before i did about sendin it back

GeorgiaDuramax

Enthusiast
May 5, 2010
Georgia
you need to send it back and have him rescale the MAF tabels if you havent already. it will be a laggy mofo if you dont (been down that road lol)

lol you posted right before i did about sendin it back

Yeah that is what I was going to say as well. Going from a stock size intake to a 5" will make a big difference. I had that trouble as well.