S300 Kit LMM

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
In about a month my truck will be going into the shop for a built trans. Billet shafts and drums and new clutches and converter and a few more things. I have been wanting to go the S300 or even S400 route since I got the truck 2 years ago. I haven't as its a daily and I still tow with it and I was on stock tranny. Well now since its getting build Im wanting to do an S300 to keep it still reasonable to drive and can still tow with it. That being said I have been looking at the Smeding kits. I wanna hear some opinions on there turbos and kits. I have been looking at the S363, S364.5 and the S366. Would love to go bigger but I don't think it will do well with towing. Im keeping the truck stock fuel for now. It would have a 5 stage switch on it but it would be turned up like crazy. If I remember right I was thinking there's a dealer on here who sells there turbos. They have a direct drop in kit and then a s300 turbo kit for basically the same price with a down pipe and pedestal and stuff like that. Can I run the stock intake and all the stock piping with the kit? Or would I need a new hotside pipe and all that stuff? If Im gonna need to add a bunch of parts buying the kit then I will just buy the direct drop in. What converter would do well with going but also help spool the turbo a little bit. With it being stock fuel and only a s366 at max I cant imagine the lag would be horrible but definitely noticeable.

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
Also forgot to add, Truck has stock injectors and stock pump. Has piping and lift pump and went through and got rid of a lot of restrictions in the fuel system. I plan to go with a little bigger pump down the road and maybe a little bit bigger injectors but nothing to crazy.

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
Smeding doesn't have the best reputation so be prepared. It is a direct drop in I test fitted one I had one of these that needed to be rebuilt, I called Work and they said they would rebuild it but I went with a HTT S366 in my twin kit as it's internally gated.