Roll Pan hitch

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
So I have a roll pan with the hidden hitch. Im wanting to buy a nice drop hitch with an adjustable ball. I am getting tired of having to carry so many hitches with me. Some trailers need less drop on the hitch and some I tow need more of a drop. Plus I have to use both sizes of ball. My only problem is that when looking at hitches I need to find one that has the drop I need. But also the shank to be long enough. Because of how the roll pan is if the shank isn't long enough it rubs on the roll pan before I can even put the hitch in. What brand have you all ran in your roll pans? I know this problem could be resolved with a stock bumper and hitch but who wants that?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I used a B&W for my truck when I had a roll pan with the hitch behind the license plate, but I built my hitch so the tube was very close to the back of the plate. If your hitch is way back in there, it might suffer the same problem you've been fighting. If you have a measurement for how much distance you need from the back of the drop to the center of the hitch pin, I would be happy to get a measurement for you.

Reactions: MaxComp88B

Mikey52

Sep 20, 2018
Would a gen-y hitch work for you? I use one, and it allows me to open the tailgate with trailers attached.

Reactions: MaxComp88B

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
I bought the Hidden Hitch by Big Hitch Products. I will take measurements. I have looked at Gen Y and was thinking on those. I have gotten a measurement but I may call there and see. I have always heard great stuff on Gen Y. I do like the B&W. When I installed my hitch I used stock bolt holes from the old hitch which is what they recommend but man its tucked back in there.