Rick v Dmitri Peanut Gallery

trashygasman

Slowly but Surely
Dec 18, 2008
Washington, OK
It's a shame...but it doesn't matter what it is in this world we live in today, that 1 person can ruin a good thing with good people or good business over stupid chit!!! Especially with people like Rick, who try to help everyone they can...

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
Lot of Dimitri haters:D see tag

Might as well let it ride...... Hate on, this site has many dmitri haters... BUTTTTT seem to always forget all the people i have helped out, even at events, im always helping people out!!! The products and R@D i have went through over six years!!!!! People seem to forget!!!!

dieselson

Oct 14, 2006
Huntington Beach, CA
Might as well let it ride...... Hate on, this site has many dmitri haters... BUTTTTT seem to always forget all the people i have helped out, even at events, im always helping people out!!! The products and R@D i have went through over six years!!!!! People seem to forget!!!!

I can attest to this. I don't think anyone has done more to help the duramax community than Dmitri. Don't let these guys get to you Dmitri:thumb: I've personally seen three of rick's up-pipes blow up in when I was with him in california, and he had to change them in my driveway....

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Dimitri- it seems like an amazing opportunity to do a back to back comparison!
I would revel in the results of this.
please bolt another manufacturers manifolds & uppies (ppe) and let us know what happens, no pulled punches or zipped lips when the dust settles
You can duplicate the conditions that were present when the profab products failed after only one pass
if yes, then please, please do it
dont bother to banter anymore, you gota 9sec truck dude, find the products that make it work right
Profab pipes will probably work just fine for most, if not all out there not beraking the sound barrier, or making enough power to spin the rollers out of a dyno
I sure would like the answer tho
Will ppe pipes hold up to the abuse better?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Simply embarrassing situation.

Maybe its time that businesses start getting these "sponsor agreements" in writing, outlining who's responsible for what costs, labor, payments, etc?

Last edited:

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Tom you may be on to something there, but in the end we would still be at their mercy to do what they have signed.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Rick if you would like to send me your top of the line products and just make me responsible for installing them that would be great. I'm a little shocked that labor is an issue here. $2k plus headers and uppipes and all you have to do is install them and return the old ones. Count me in.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Tom you may be on to something there, but in the end we would still be at their mercy to do what they have signed.

Yeah, you make a good point. I guess I am naive to think that people could possibly work together with just a handshake agreement these days. Honestly, is that really too much to ask?

Good luck with all this. Hope you two get things worked out.

Big Angry

<--My idea of a good time
Sep 3, 2006
South Central Pa
Dmitri, perhaps some more exclamation points would help you get your point across.
You sound like a petulent child when you flip out like that. If Rick's stuff didn't work out for you, then so be it. But if a deal was made, honor your side. Send the junk back to him.
Not hating, I'm impressed with what you've been able to accomplish, great job.

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
Rick if you would like to send me your top of the line products and just make me responsible for installing them that would be great. I'm a little shocked that labor is an issue here. $2k plus headers and uppipes and all you have to do is install them and return the old ones. Count me in.
Ok you must be new or have never raced across the country have you!!!!!! You see the smoke awwwwww, do you have any clue what its like too to drive 5500 miles in a week trip and break!!!! Thousands of dollars in fuel and travel expense follows with that ya know!!!!!! You think its as simple as "send me the best" Well to test the best you better step up!!!!!!! I dont know you so im not going to rib on you, just realize i spend in average around 25,000 dollars a year in fuel if not more to travel and compete!!!!!
Yeah, you make a good point. I guess I am naive to think that people could possibly work together with just a handshake agreement these days. Honestly, is that really too much to ask?

Good luck with all this. Hope you two get things worked out.
Tom you have always been ok with me .... I hope we get this worked out as well.... People can work together, maybe its my fault for not asking for a spare!! People can sometimes sense when possible asking for an extra set is not realistic.... thats how i felt... There is no surprise i SUCK at shipping i always have.... It took me till the following year after canada to mail off my forms so i could get paid from the race i won..... Call randy cole to back this up, 4 months it took me.. I hate shipping... I hate ups, fed ex... when i go into those places i go crazy!!! I talked to rick a week ago!! so for me to get them off in a week is good for me!!! I was late yes BUT i did send them....

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragonsfireloki

Nov 6, 2011
North Dakota
Dimitri- it seems like an amazing opportunity to do a back to back comparison!
I would revel in the results of this.
please bolt another manufacturers manifolds & uppies (ppe) and let us know what happens, no pulled punches or zipped lips when the dust settles
You can duplicate the conditions that were present when the profab products failed after only one pass
if yes, then please, please do it
dont bother to banter anymore, you gota 9sec truck dude, find the products that make it work right
Profab pipes will probably work just fine for most, if not all out there not beraking the sound barrier, or making enough power to spin the rollers out of a dyno
I sure would like the answer tho
Will ppe pipes hold up to the abuse better?

I think you brought up a very valid point that would help the rest of the community. I know Dan and Rick got into it a few months over the R & D side of things and people brought up that they should due some testing or face off and it never happened.
( http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38101 ) if any one is interested thats the link.

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
can a mod please fix my posting back to rick... i replied by the section but didnt do it right i guess.. theres a ton of typing trough his post