Revmax converters?

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
I have used one in a truck and a friend of mine has had great luck with his. Went 12.40 on stock motor with that converter

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
The do NOT make them for Transtar. Transtars converters are built by RECON.

Bottomline is this, it's probably a decent converter, but I would be hard pressed to deal with Revmax given their history.

They've changed their name atleast 3 times, see this thread: http://www.ls1.com/forums/f6/revmax-torque-converter-134928/index3.html

Well friend ....here are some additional facts on RevMax. How about Phoenix Hard Parts, Alpine Transmission, or Redline Torque Converters.... they are all the same guy. Stays in business for a little bit in one name files bankrupt then starts a new business. Over 300 bad marks on BBB for him......

This is all TRUE. Fact is, they're jumping on the bandwagon.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I wasn't going to say anything, but given the information posted above, I'll throw in my experience. We had a truck at work that had a Revmax converter in it. It broke the shaft and needed to be cut open to have the pieces removed from the turbine. When the local company we sent it to cut into it, they informed us that, short of the billet cover and triple disc lockup clutch, it was a completely stock converter. In other words, they didn't do anything to reinforce the fins (no furnace brazing or TIG welding) or change the stall speed. This was on a Dodge torque converter, but it makes you wonder what they do in the rest of their products.

86dmax

86max LB7,PPE Hot Tune,
May 2, 2010
I ran a revmax and a precision ml and the the revmax worked just as good as the precision you could not tell one from the other.Just because its not a name brand dont mean its junk.

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
86dmax, it's not that the converter themselves may be any worse than some other name brands, almost all converter builders (other than a handful) use kits and components from either Precision or Sonnax or both.

It's the fact that the owner has repeatedly started up and closed companies and put out inferior products. They literally have one guy trolling the cummins forums all day long looking for sales.

They also claim to have an 850hp capable 68RFE with 'proprietary H&S software'. The whole thing stinks.

As for the Dodge answer Josh posted, was that a gas or a diesel? I'm just curious...

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Revmax is just a changed name for Phoenix transmission wherehouse. They are the biggest rip-off place around. Guess why they changed their name?
You guys go ahead and rave about how good they are and use them. I would not touch them with a ten foot pole. I could tell you guys more, but you would just call me full of shit. Your money, not mine.:happy2:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Revmax is just a changed name for Phoenix transmission wherehouse. They are the biggest rip-off place around. Guess why they changed their name?
You guys go ahead and rave about how good they are and use them. I would not touch them with a ten foot pole. I could tell you guys more, but you would just call me full of shit. Your money, not mine.:happy2:
When we called the local converter shop about cutting and cleaning the converter I was talking about, the guy groaned when we told him what brand it was. Now I know why.

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
As usual, Mike is 100% correct.

As for the converter Josh speaks of, this doesn't surprise me. They attract in people with a low price, but like usual, you get what you pay for.

It's just sad.