Return Fuel

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Was wondering if anyone has clear answers or experience with this. Which would be returning warmer fuel, the pumps or injectors? And which would be returning the most fuel?

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
A pump in good shape should return VERY LITTLE fuel. The fuel that the pump does return is what gets by the rings and such inside of the CP3 during use. The injectors on the other hand return heated diesel to the tank everytime they open. So in a properly working system, the injectors should return more fuel.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Also depends on the temperature of the fuel and pressure that is being commanded. Higher pressure the injectors return more fuel.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Our cell has never been over 100 deg after a run. No cooler except the return(pump and inj) line lays in a 1" aluminum pipe that is submersed in our i/c ice water. It has never felt even hot hot to the touch before or after the ice water. I'm contemplating not even routing our new setup's return line through it.

The motor on this truck may get run 5 minutes per event. So the only way a cooler benefits you is if the truck is running. Which it will never just sit around and idle for extended times either. I am leaning towards running no fuel cooler and no oil cooler either. In my mind it seems like they would only be beneficial when the truck is running.