remote start

wikdlmm

<-- OWFA
Jun 27, 2008
san angelo
when i use my remote start my truck like studders or takes a few seconds longer to start. if i use the key i never have a problem? wtf? any ideas.. maybe something with the remote start? also when it takes a second longer it puffs out a little cloud of whit smoke. any ideas on that? thanks

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
when i use my remote start my truck like studders or takes a few seconds longer to start. if i use the key i never have a problem? wtf? any ideas.. maybe something with the remote start? also when it takes a second longer it puffs out a little cloud of whit smoke. any ideas on that? thanks

its becuase the ecm dosent alow enough time for the glow plugs to get warm. but i have remote started my truck in -15 with out being plugged in and never had a issue

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
Hey Jeff you might go to Sound choice and see if Gus could help you out with it. If anyone could do it I think he could. He may know how to reprogram it.

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
theres no way to do any thing with a tech 2 that I Have seen. I have looked a couple times. its the same remote start used on the gassers and belive the alarm moudule is preprogrammed from the manafacture. it would be nice to find a way to get more delay and a longer idle time but im not holding my breath.

Last edited:

05' Ditry Duramax

May 3, 2008
Port Orchard Washington
theres no way to do any thing with a tech 2 that I Have seen. I have looked a couple times. its the same remote start used on the gassers and belive the alarm moudule is preprogrammed from the manafacture. it would be nice to find a way to get more delay and a longer idle time but im not holding my breath.

I have a question because i'm curious. Sorry for the OT

Is the programing in the BCM for the remote start?