PTO switch?

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Has anyone else tried this?
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=312060
Just wondering if it will help since we can't go with a huge stall because of the towing needs he has.

i was going to do it a while back but found out that i need alot higher rpm's on launch than that method can provide . and just for the record my 1055 ( 2500 rpm stall )tows just fine , actually tows better than the 1054 because it's easier to spool things to get moving .

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Have any of you LB7/LLY guys played with the brake torque limiting tables?

68skylark455

Larry the "Stroker"
Aug 7, 2008
Texas
www.larrysperformancepalace.com
i was going to do it a while back but found out that i need alot higher rpm's on launch than that method can provide . and just for the record my 1055 ( 2500 rpm stall )tows just fine , actually tows better than the 1054 because it's easier to spool things to get moving .
How much weight and how often do you tow?
If a 2500 will still tow good and not overheat the trans then its worth looking at. We plan on sending Mike L the stock trans we have to do all his wonders and have been trying to find the right stall for towing and racing if such exists.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I've heard some unfavorable feedback on the PTO thing because the RPMs kind of fluctuate, and if you don't hit it the same everytime, it can cause it to be inconsistent. Based on my experience with the brake torque limiting tables on the LMM, I would say it is a little more consistent.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
How much weight and how often do you tow?
If a 2500 will still tow good and not overheat the trans then its worth looking at. We plan on sending Mike L the stock trans we have to do all his wonders and have been trying to find the right stall for towing and racing if such exists.

14k and tow it few times a mounth all summer , have never had the trans more than 200 deg but i am running mikel's trans cooler , most of the time when towing the converter is locked anyway, when in t/h it locks in secound .

68skylark455

Larry the "Stroker"
Aug 7, 2008
Texas
www.larrysperformancepalace.com
Just what do you guys hope to gain with this concocksion?

Someone sent me a link to it thinking it might help us launch this truck better. I was under the impression anything higher then a 2200 stall might not be good for towing. This deal is supposed to let you hold the brake and put the pedal to the floor at the light and not go over 2200rpm till you release the brake. I was just asking if someone had tried this other then the author of the thread. Then someone said we could use a 2500 stall and still tow with no worries. I am just trying to figure all this out before we send you the trans and look at convertors.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
i think my 1055 converter was the most effective part i have bought to date with helping stage the truck for racing . talk to mike on whether he would recomend it for your use . But it has done every task i have asked of it from D/D , towing , racing ect.........