Popped My Sled Pulling Cherry

ruffmanatv

Yeah, its got a D-Max!
May 9, 2008
Van Wert, OH
Well had my first hook ever the other night. Not really the greatest, but I got my first hook done. Messed up the first time and forgot to put in four wheel drive. Second time I got everything right except i forgot to put it in Tow/Haul mode. I only went 110 feet, but I have just about bald factory tires and it was my first time. Here's a link to the video. Sorry about the quality. Someone else was using my camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhGnwR8-hfA

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Steve,

You forgot to mention the entire pull was a total cluster f-ck (and that's not a candy bar :joker:). Some trucks went 350 while others went 150. The sled was too small for trucks. Hogdog had an awesome pull.

hogdoghd

Adrenalin Junkie
Jun 24, 2008
Oxford, Ohio
Hey, congrats on popping your cherry, Steve and thanks for the great vid!:D We have got to get Eddy to tune that thing and get those stock pizza cutter tires replaced and then it will be on! Had a great time even though the sled was a POS and the opperator was a RICHARD CRANIUM!!!!!:mad: HE was hammering (locking up) the brakes all the way down the track and every time the digital display would stop reading!:mad: I have no idea how far I actually pulled the sled said 305 but as you can see I pulled it to the end of the track and then some!:rofl: Ed, thanks so much for all the hard work and research on my tune we must have tried 15 diffrent tunes but it all came to gether that night the truck worked awesome!:hug:

Last edited:

ruffmanatv

Yeah, its got a D-Max!
May 9, 2008
Van Wert, OH
I will keep working on my truck, the rest of the season and this winter. Maybe I will have something a bit better for next year. And again thanks to all that helped me out that night.:hug:

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Ed, thanks so much for all the hard work and research on my tune we must have tried 15 diffrent tunes but it all came to gether that night the truck worked awesome!:hug:

Big thanks to Stingpuller for helping me with the defuel on Tommy's truck. Thanks Jeff!:hug:

hogdoghd

Adrenalin Junkie
Jun 24, 2008
Oxford, Ohio
Yeah, Thanks Jeff (stingpuller) for the help! The truck ran the best it has ever run:hug: and I hope it just keeps getting better!:D