Pics of my SAS

DuramaxOn40s

Chevy Ridin' High
Apr 1, 2011
Ocala, FL
Alright, so from time to time I get people messaging me and asking me questions about the swap (which is fine), so I thought I'd post this thread with some pics of it so people can see for themselves what has been done. Truck is the 2002 in my sig. Feedback would be great. Questions, feel free to ask! :drink And if ya'll want more up close pics of something specific then just ask...
ghghgh.jpg

ghghghgh.jpg

gh.jpg

ghghghghghg.jpg

ghgh.jpg

ghgghghgg.jpg

ghg.jpg

SSPX0262.jpg

SSPX0261.jpg

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Looks good! Any problems steering it without Hydraulic assist? I have pretty much the same setup sitting in the garage but haven't rounded up the
hyd. assist yet...

DuramaxOn40s

Chevy Ridin' High
Apr 1, 2011
Ocala, FL
Truck looks awesome!

What springs did you use?And how much lift are the springs?
Thanks and the springs are 6" super duty lift springs, not sure of the brand.
Looks good! Any problems steering it without Hydraulic assist? I have pretty much the same setup sitting in the garage but haven't rounded up the
hyd. assist yet...
Thanks, the hi-steer knuckle setup is really nice and I have no problem steering while the truck is moving. I cannot turn the tires at a stand still though. But who really needs to anyways? Lol. Oh, and I have to add some power steering fluid about every 6 months, I think its worn out because before the 38s got put on it had 46s and about 18" of lift.

adamz

Adam Zawilenski
May 11, 2013
Mount Prospect
hey looks pretty good, I also have a dana 60 under my duramax, bought it that way but the guy who did it might have messed some stuff up. he used a 36.5 axle instead of a 32.5 so I have shit cut up in the frame and brackets and mounts in odd places. also the bump stops are hitting in weird spots and all torn up, and i have about 2 inches of travel. i didn't notice bumpstops in your setup? are the not necessary?

cool build :thumb: gonna drop some coin into making mine right, get the right axle better springs and add hydro assist so i quit blowin up steering boxes

HotRodTractor

Ford Driver
Nov 29, 2009
Have you had any steering gear issues with your swap? I'm just getting mine together right now and from talking with a couple of different guys they were having the steering gears wear out quickly from all the side loading on the box - so I added a sector shaft support to hopefully head that off before it becomes a problem.

I also installed a hydro assist ram - I can turn the truck at a stand still lock to lock using light pressure from a single finger on the steering wheel. Its awesome!

slayer720

Sep 26, 2011

What kind of driveline work do you have done to be able to run that much lift and not bind at full droop? Did you have to grind clearance into the yolks? I just finished up a 15" lift on my LB7 and am now in search of a front driveline to work with my high pinion Dana 60. Also, are you still running the NP263HD transfercase or have you switch to something else? Did you have to clock your transfercase at all?

Last edited: