Pass Side Oil Gally

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
I have been told there is a plug on the pass front of the block where I could tap oil from. I have been told that it is metric pipe thread. Does anyone know exactly what thread it is?

Turbotug

BEER SLAYER
Sep 3, 2006
Phoenix
If it's similar to the one on the DS it's actually just an A/N or JIC o-ring thread.

Metric pipe thread? I was a Honda/Acura tech for 10+ years and they even used standard (SAE) pipe threads for any tapered application..

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
Hmmmm, I was told metric pipe thread, and I was just on the phone with my buddy who works on heavy equipment to find a shop around here that stocks parts and he said there is also british pipe thread:confused:

Why do the simple things become a project:rofl:

Turbotug

BEER SLAYER
Sep 3, 2006
Phoenix
FWIW, the threads in the oil filter housing are supposed to be British pipe thread. I have my oil temp gauge sender and lift pump switch threaded into it with NPT bushings, no leaks. 2+ years..

:dontknow:

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
if it's similar to the one on the ds it's actually just an a/n or jic o-ring thread.

Metric pipe thread? I was a honda/acura tech for 10+ years and they even used standard (sae) pipe threads for any tapered application..

it is a metric thread, idk the thread pitch, i do know that parker fittings has the parts to adapt an oil line to it

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
On edit i believe it is a 14x1.5 ( best to ask the expert, Henry)

straight or taper:confused: its a 1.5 pitch that is all you need to know.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
FWIW, the threads in the oil filter housing are supposed to be British pipe thread. I have my oil temp gauge sender and lift pump switch threaded into it with NPT bushings, no leaks. 2+ years..

:dontknow:

Everything is metric besides the HP cp3 fittings on our trucks and 75% are a 1.5 pitch a few are 1.25 and a few 1.75 FWIW

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
Straight thread or tapered?

On edit i believe it is a 14x1.5 ( best to ask the expert, Henry)

straight or taper:confused: its a 1.5 pitch that is all you need to know.

1.5 tells how far apart the threads are. Could still be tapered or straight. If its tapered it just needs pipe dope. If its straight it will need an o-ring or some kind of sealing washer.

Does the stock plug have a seat and an o-ring or just some dope on the threads?

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
1.5 tells how far apart the threads are. Could still be tapered or straight. If its tapered it just needs pipe dope. If its straight it will need an o-ring or some kind of sealing washer.

Does the stock plug have a seat and an o-ring or just some dope on the threads?

Stock has a brass crush washer

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Hmmmmm.....now I'm wondering if I can just drill a hole through the stock plug and weld the correct fitting to it:eek:

I use a brass washer witht eh O-ring inside of it and they never leak:)

Paul it's 6 bucks......you cheap bastard!:D Maybe if you got a steel one it would only be 2 bucks:poke:

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
I use a brass washer witht eh O-ring inside of it and they never leak:)

Paul it's 6 bucks......you cheap bastard!:D Maybe if you got a steel one it would only be 2 bucks:poke:

It's not the $.....its not even for me. I just hate ordering things and much rather deal with local places were I can look into someones eyes when I'm talking to them:eek::joker: