Part description and bad o-rings

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Did you pull it out to make sure you actually need new O-rings? That piece is a slip fit into the bridge.

marcusrushing90

Mike L wants my body
Nov 26, 2010
With Mike L and his wife
Checked o rings before i bought new ones and i pulled peices of the old ones from underneath the intake manifold. I got brand new o rings from the dealer cause my o ring place went out of business. But the damn thing is STILL leaking boost and i cant get it to go back in all the way...im about to take it to the stealer. Very very frustrating...any suggestions?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Use some oil or something to lubricate the o-rings. Get it started and pushed in as far as you can. You may need to use a pry bar between the CP3 and the intake to get it to pop in all the way.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Its a pain to get in there. If they blow again by some 236 size orings, youll prolly get them both for about $1.50

Next time mine blows out I'm gonna reinstall it and get it clocked right and drill a hole in the top of the bridge through the horn and tap it. Hopefully a bolt will hold it in there... IDK what GM was thinking with the slip fit

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Its a pain to get in there. If they blow again by some 236 size orings, youll prolly get them both for about $1.50

Next time mine blows out I'm gonna reinstall it and get it clocked right and drill a hole in the top of the bridge through the horn and tap it. Hopefully a bolt will hold it in there... IDK what GM was thinking with the slip fit

Once you do it like this it will not go anywere lol

DSCF7558.jpg

DSCF7560.jpg

marcusrushing90

Mike L wants my body
Nov 26, 2010
With Mike L and his wife
Once you got Ricks egr delete on did all the supports holes line up ? Like Josh said alittle lube helps alot on getting her in there.Might need to clean the inside lip alittle on both parts also to help it slide in.
All of the support holes lined up except the one behind the alternator. I used rotella for lube and a flat head and a hammer to beat it back in. I think i get it in good and soon as the vanes open and close on start up u can hear it leaking. That thing is a pain in the rear something terrible.
Once you do it like this it will not go anywere lol

DSCF7558.jpg

DSCF7560.jpg
Hahahaha....you bastard :rolleyes:

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
As long as the delete tube is supported it shouldn't blow out. Mine was blown out so much it stressed the heck out of the IC connection. So coming out the IC on the passanger side I know have a leak, and I think I need a new intercooler because of it.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I do know that you will not be able to get it back in with the same o rings that blew out. Even if they look fine, they have expanded and won't fit anymore.