P0101 LMM won't go away

NavyCTRC

Sep 8, 2016
FL
I have attempted to clear/reset this code numerous times, I replaced the MAF sensor and cleaned the air filter. The code keeps coming back, with the check engine light (on steady not flashing) and brief periods of reduced engine power.

NavyCTRC

Sep 8, 2016
FL
This^

He lost me at clean the air filter..

Do not run a k@n filter in an lmm.. and a lot of after market filters cause issues, even stock replacement

So, I have had a K@N filter in there for about 60K miles with no issues, but I will change it out for the stock one and see if that fixes the issue. Hopefully, it's not the EGR, but that is getting deleted soon anyway.

Thanks for the help!

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Clean the MAF sensor after pulling the old filter out.

Get us an air flow reading at idle is you can.

I had a "bad" maf sensor once that wasn't cleared by installing a new one. Ended up being a broken wire in the harness. Created a zero g/sec reading. Should have put my meter on the connection before buying a new one. Could have saved me some money and time trying to figure it out

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
P0101 is not a maf code, but instead it is a mass air fliw outside of the desired range code. P0101 is hardly ever a maf code. It's normally set by aftermarket air filter/boxes, air leaks in the intake tract, maf installed backwards, or something that has altered the amount of air going into the engine like an intake leak, boost tube leak, egr valve flowing when it shouldn't, or an engine problem altering how much air the engines pulling in. You need to know howmuch air flow it is readi,g when it is setting the code, determine how much it should be flowing, and find out what is causing the difference.