Old Silent movies

BigDMax05

Peanut butter and ladies!
Feb 2, 2009
Indiana
I watched some Charlie chaplin in high school but none since. I liked that new movie-expendables 2. Lots of noise and explosions! :thumb:

baggedLB7

Goer
May 1, 2011
Utah
Back in high school I had a buddy that lived in a circle and on the weekends we would drag out his dads projector and screen into the circle and watch movies with no sound. We would also drag out the bbqs and envite the neighbors out. Sometimes we would have 40-50 people out in that circle it really got interesting when the boxing gloves came out.
Good times.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
WHY? Are you going deaf and it's easier to watch not having to rewind and turn up the volume and try and figure out what they said? Use the closed caption feature or get better hearing aids. :D

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
They are better than most of the crap on tv now.

If you stop watching "Honey Boo Boo" you'll form a different opinion! :roflmao:

Can you believe that the channel that broadcast that show is TLC or the learning channel! Is that a joke or what? But I agree there is a shit ton of crap on TV today.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I watch duck dynasty, and that's about it

You know it JACK...:D

Best show on television now. But, I have to agree with Mike. Most movies are crapp now, they lack any substance. I don't watch silent films but I do watch the classics. Can't even remember the last time I "went" to a movie...

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
You know it JACK...:D

Best show on television now. But, I have to agree with Mike. Most movies are crapp now, they lack any substance. I don't watch silent films but I do watch the classics. Can't even remember the last time I "went" to a movie...

I watch quite a few classic movies every week. I love the black and white movies.

minisub

6-5/6-6;Whatever It Takes
Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland, OH
Turner Classic channel is the first one I check when I turn on the TV. They do periodic silent nights that let you catch a few of the best from the period.

"Battleship Potemkin" remains one of the greatest films of all time, silent or not.