ok.. So crank for a few seconds with no signs of life

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
Ok so i got the truck back together, just finished with twins, 3788r over S475. I have fuel to the IP, but no start. When i crank it, it will turn over for about 4 seconds then stop.

I redid the return and feed lines so i'm not sure if it could have to reprime itself, but i have tried starting it plenty of times already.

I unplugged the FCA hoping that it would max pressure and start, but no luck, still the same short crank time.

The truck is returned to 100% stock programming so i'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. I'm 98% sure I have all the sensors plugged back in but I do need to go over it once more.

I don't have a tuner or scan tool to be able to read RP so i'm kinda in the dark on this one.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Kyle

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
Like 6 months

I didn't notice the security light on, but I do remember the alarm going off once whent he batt was low. Hmm...

Last edited:

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I worked on a truck that the vats were screwed up but it would crank as long as you held the key. Might be worth looking at but kind of weird that it stops cranking

i_keyser

DD n00b
Jun 4, 2010
Denver
yeah if it was a security issue it should crank as long as you have the key turned. i would say the next step is to get ahold of a scanner and see what kind of codes are setting.

Righteyeblind

Aug 29, 2008
Fairbanks, AK
x2 on the bales. mine did the same thing after getting it back together and they were connected just not fully latched. I dont think the VATS will stop it from cranking.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Check cam, crank position sensors.

Check engine wiring harness bales.

Yep. On 2003+ trucks the starter is ECM-controlled, if the ECM does not see a valid crank/camp position sensor signal within a couple seconds of cranking, it will lock-out the starter. 2001-2002 trucks the ignition/key switch is wired directly to the starter.

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
Ok so it was a connection issue, but to the ECM. I moved it to the fender and when I made the bracket an 1/8" of it was not letting the plug all the way down. Fixed that and it cranks now, but still no start.

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
Ok time for the infamous where does this plug go question.

c6e4e0da-07b4-ef6e.jpg

c6e4e0da-07d2-67de.jpg

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
It looks like the plug in the lower picture plugs into the one in the upper picture lol! Im not sure wish i could help i don't believe my lbz has those connectors pictured.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Top pic looks like the oil pressure / level plug , it plugs into another harness that run along the drivers side of the block and come up through the bracket for the PS pump . Def it it wont start log rail pressure and report back , truck has to see X rail pressure ( 700is-800is i think ) before it will fire the injectors .

BHoward6.6

West Coast
Feb 9, 2011
Huntington Beach, CA
The oil pressure / level plug that plugs into another harness that runs along the drivers side of the block and comes up through the bracket for the PS pump is a 5 pin plug. The plug in the pic is a 3 pin, for the cp3.