Offering help to EFI Live users

E.M.Adams

Jun 4, 2012
EFI Live has a steep learning curve and it took me a while to get it. With the help of a lot of people over the years and a lot of reading I feel I'm in a place where I can try and return the favor and help others out that want to learn.

I don't claim to be an expert by any means, but I did learn from one of the best in my opinion, and I have plenty of satisfied customers.

So if anyone has any questions or if there is any interest in something like a Noob tuning guide let me know.

I'm pretty busy but I will try my best to answer questions promptly.

Thanks
E.M.Adams

E.M.Adams

Jun 4, 2012
Just to clarify.
I'm not trying to sell anything.
Just wanted to try and help anyone that might be trying to learn and is having a hard time.
thanks

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Just to clarify.
I'm not trying to sell anything.
Just wanted to try and help anyone that might be trying to learn and is having a hard time.
thanks
I did this for others after I had such a hard time trying to learn EFILIVE and was helped by somebody else to understand the basics. Then one day I found out somebody who I helped was now selling the tunes I sent him and helped him to build, so now I don't do it so much. I still try and offer help to others when I can(or if it is something I think I can help on), but not so much of it anymore. Sort of left me with a bad taste when somebody emailed me from a forum I was on begging for help to get his truck running, and then finding out it was a customers.

bmc1025

Jan 25, 2013
Big Bone, KY
EfiLive is definitely a learning curve, I have spent 100's of hrs reading old forum posts and looking at some of the tunes in various libraries. That being said many of the people looking for help seem to want the easy way out. They don't understand the hard work 1000's of hours and $ in broken parts some of the big name tuners have went through to make these trucks run like they do.

It's easy to add a little fuel, timing and boost to get more power, but doing this at relatively safe levels and enhancing drivability at the same time takes a lot of R&D. The average diesel guy is better off purchasing tunes they are a bargain compared to the amount of time you will spend trying to make a decent tune.

That being said, a nice how to that shows some of the main tables to modify and why, some known safe limits, and some little details, would still be helpful to many.

This is just a hobby for me. Every time I drive a GM vehicle whether it's gas or diesel I always seem to pick out the things i dislike drive ability wise. In the back of my head I think of what I need to change to improve it. The wife is a good sport about it even though her vehicles are sometimes test beds.

Dmax87

Dec 3, 2013
The ferm has always been a great help and always has great info!!!! Thanks ferm!! Also I think it's awesome you're willing to help bmc. I will shoot yah some questions in the future. It's definetly a time consuming hobby, and expensive when you break things, but I enjoy doing my own tuning and realizing the possibilities really are endless.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
I did this for others after I had such a hard time trying to learn EFILIVE and was helped by somebody else to understand the basics. Then one day I found out somebody who I helped was now selling the tunes I sent him and helped him to build, so now I don't do it so much. I still try and offer help to others when I can(or if it is something I think I can help on), but not so much of it anymore. Sort of left me with a bad taste when somebody emailed me from a forum I was on begging for help to get his truck running, and then finding out it was a customers.

Just checked my emails, installed your tune in December 2013 not a glitch to date other than my happy ass right foot and my V2 is still in .tun dinosaur extension file format and have an old laptop dedicated to my truck. My last trip to Cali 1600 miles to and from the MPG was 19 average speed of 75mph...

Thanks Ferman...:hello:

This is what would happen if tuned it, modified statement from another member..
If I tune a truck I just compare it to having sex with my cousin.......it can get the job done.....but the long term effects can really F%$ something up

Last edited:

E.M.Adams

Jun 4, 2012
Sorry for not getting back to everyone. I have been swamped at the shop, new race truck, and just had a baby, so I have had zero free time.

Since I just don't have the time to be on the forums helping you guys as much as I would like I have decided to do a Tuning guide.

I will try to make it a complete step by step beginners guide.
I'm going to try and make one for each model of truck.
I'm not going to be able to bust them out in the next couple days but I'll see what I can do.
I'll try not to make you guys wait to long.

Thanks everyone for your interest.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Sorry for not getting back to everyone. I have been swamped at the shop, new race truck, and just had a baby, so I have had zero free time.

Since I just don't have the time to be on the forums helping you guys as much as I would like I have decided to do a Tuning guide.

I will try to make it a complete step by step beginners guide.
I'm going to try and make one for each model of truck.
I'm not going to be able to bust them out in the next couple days but I'll see what I can do.
I'll try not to make you guys wait to long.

Thanks everyone for your interest.

I am curious as to your qualifications with EFI Live in general and Duramax tuning in particular.

Last edited: