"Odometer: ERROR"

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
So haven't done anything new to truck since odometer worked last just reset it yesterday at fill up. My service airbag message comes up so I don't always see odometer or trip. I just cleared the airbag warning and noticed it hasn't gained any miles since I reset it "0" I've checked all the wiring and checked connectors. No codes showing up any ideas where to start?

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Sounds like the dash got a bit confused. You could try disconnecting the dash overnight to see if it resets. Or, it might be easier to just disconnect the batteries overnight, but that resets all the modules, including emissions test readiness. So don't do that if you have to smog it this week.

I presume the speedometer still works normally? If so, and resetting the dash doesn't work, you probably have to send it out to get repaired or replaced.

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
Speedo and tach and all other gauges work I disconnected the batteries yesterday I forgot about that was disconnecting and reconnecting cleaning the airbag sensor. So I think that's when it messed up. I'll try and reset it :(

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
No, the EFI tune won't get erased. Having the batteries disconnected shouldn't hurt anything or cause the dash to freak out. I had my batteries out for 3 years while I did my motor build, and everything worked fine afterwards.

I hate to say it but it sounds like your dash went hoofs up. That, or you have an electrical/ground issue, but with all the gauges working, that seems unlikely. If you have a friend with a GM truck, you can temporarily plug their dash in and see if the problem is in the dash or in the truck.

Sent from my FlashScan V2