OBX Pro Diesel Challenge III

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Ed's truck

It's also very fast! Not just a dyno queen. He trailers his camper(28') to the events with his race truck!!! I can't think of anyone else who will do that. Congrats Ed. Jeff

eds04max

May 7, 2008
Landis, N.C.
Not 300K yet...........I'm at 249,000+-.
I want to say.............(I'm with Jeff) Jess and Buck have got the 'program' figured out. This is the best event that I have the luxury of attending!!
Great job and thanks for all the hard work!
I had a great time and just wish I could have helped-out more.
16 truck Pro field..................awesome!
It's-all-good.:cool2:

camomax

pushing the limits
Nov 5, 2008
Florida
Big thanks to Jess, Buck, and all involved. I've never gone one and done in two classes and had so much fun!:rofl: This event couldnt have run any smoother and the turnout was great! Cant wait for next year!

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
So where's the pics and who won what??

Sounds like a great event with a good turn out. Good show guys!!

Sep 10, 2008
Morehead City, North Carolina
Here's a few:

Jess Spruill
[YOUTUBE]2oSzy-c-13Y[/YOUTUBE]

Ed Wayne
[YOUTUBE]T1XnKnhsV0Y[/YOUTUBE]

Dustin Race
[YOUTUBE]q1YbErkAG30[/YOUTUBE]

Dustin Sled Pull
[YOUTUBE]s9Kx64vgwE0[/YOUTUBE]

Dustin Dyno
[YOUTUBE]-X0x9wBCWjs[/YOUTUBE]

CamoMax
[YOUTUBE]lxgZ2Ag2c9E[/YOUTUBE]

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
well guys to say it was hot at the track was an understatement!i think track temps were approaching 135 degrees at times.i would like to thank our sponsors,if we keep doing this we will need your continued support.the racers were great,i didnt hear a single complaint the entire time.i often mentioned to various teams and racers how they should have picked a cooler day for a race,however everyone was fast to mention we can live with the heat just happy for no rain.we had trucks come from all over the eastern sea board of the US and the deep south.Brian aka poo dot Carter took the long haul award coming in from Oklahoma.but many race teams drove in excess of 10 plus hours to come and race.our local diesel groups and organizations made a very strong showing.i was told 17 tech cards in pro street,41 tech cards in the Diesel Addiction et brackets and i forget the exact number in 7.7 index but a great showing of trucks there as well.DPM was there with the dyno and worked long hours in some intense heat.by the way David thanks for getting me my first 1000hp plus dyno sheet.
the Shcied dragster put on an awesome display of power running after low 4 second pro mods and then blowing the tires at half track was a super dispaly of power.As always Mr Shcied was class act.
perhaps the biggist show of the event were the passes made by Darren M it looks like all the hard work is coming together.Darren there were a lot of your supporters that were jumping up and down and high fiving on those runs,myself included.if you guys think you are diesel heads you need to find out were Darren will be next and see this truck in person.
we had 17 pro street trucks and although i wont list you all,i want to thank every one of you for coming.a few that must be mentioned Jeff Garmon,he was on the tree all day congrats.also Brian B for finishing second.if you hadnt of red eyed that would have been a close final.
TS perfromance were in full force as Barry and Craig took home the cash and trophys in the 7.7 index and the bracket class.
as for the truck pull,we did have some confusion and it got started late,but who would have figured we would have had so many diesel trucks racing,it just pushed the start time back for the pull by several hours.to those that had some concerns with the pull i hope you will give us another try.i promise if we do this again the pull will be as smooth as the race next time.
thanks to Tim for doing our race commentary and to Dennis Perry for helping with the ladders and getting the trucks lined up in the lanes.
thanks to all who came out and supported this event,without your time and participation the event wouldnt have been !

Finally thanks to Ivey Johnson and the entire crew at the Outerbanks Speedway,you guys gave us a kick tail race track in smokin hot weather....

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
Thanks for posting up the vids Jonathan

Thanks for the props Justin

Henry it was an intercooler boot that blew out. I was trying to get a feel for the truck with a sled behind it on that run and as you can see it hit 3rd (I left in 2nd) before I even went WOT. At the end when the sled started to load it down it blew the side out of the driver's side intercooler boot. In the Top Truck Class I was on the floor before the 2>3 shift and had even more momentum when I crossed the 300' mark but blew the new boot I had just put on. Time to reconfigure the driver's side boost tube so I can run a straight boot. Even with the blown boot Ed only got me by 6' in the Top Truck class.

Jeff, I can't afford a nice 28' camper like Ed's but I'll throw Wisnton's truck and all of our pulling and racing gear and tools on a trailer and tow it to an event.

Big thanks to Jess and Buck. I had a great time, even with my luck at the pulls. It was awesome to have my first Pro Street race be against so many awesome trucks, even if the ally had no idea how to shift with the new power and cost me.

LBZ - I came in second overall in the Top Truck Challenge (dyno, drag race, and sled pull)

eds04max

May 7, 2008
Landis, N.C.
Jared, are you gonna' post any of the vids??
BTW.............thanks for all the help in the pits!!! Next time....your truck needs to be there!:D

Jared Duramax

<---- $$$ Whore!!
Feb 13, 2008
Matthews NC
hey give me a break!! ive been busy working i havent even unpacked my bag yet:eek: i will try to get them up this weekend.:D

my truck is on the road back to race mode i am replacing parts sunday getting a new driveshaft monday and building new track bars someday (i think that day comes after monday but im not sure its not on the calander) got my stiff knees cut to size today so we are getting there.

and all new leather the 6th:happy2: