Not your normal shift defuel question

dylon333

Dec 24, 2017
Understand. Honestly thought it was a simple thing to change. You see so many people turning it off or talking about turning it off any ways, that I assumed it was just a normal table but thought maybe I was over looking it. I'll just leave the truck alone and keep driving. Thanks for the help.

monster50iii

Dec 5, 2014
I haven't messed with the LBZ much at all, but I assume it is similar to the picky LMM in areas. These guys are correct, we dont have complete access to torque control in the tcm tune. In a perfect world, what I posted above is correct, but in reality it doesnt do what it 'should' do. I learned by accident that by raising the torque based fuel values, I also increased shift defuel by quite a bit. I'm guessing the tcm follows the stock torque based fuel table in some way for defuels, so by raising those values in the ecm tune, you achieve more defuel. If that makes any sense. I dont use this for defuel, but when I discovered it, I thought with enough time, it may be accomplished. So, in short, that may be a way to increase shift defuels through the ecm tune.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
I’d have the defuel shut off and tune it like a quadzilla so the throttle flares when it shifts and let the good times roll. I’d shut off pilot injection too so it sounds more like a real diesel too.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Understand. Honestly thought it was a simple thing to change. You see so many people turning it off or talking about turning it off any ways, that I assumed it was just a normal table but thought maybe I was over looking it. I'll just leave the truck alone and keep driving. Thanks for the help.
IMO Most people don't know what they are talking about. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
When I first bought my red truck, it had a DSP5 tune in it, ran like crap and acted like it have very little to no defuel. Everytime I drive at a slow speed, it would actually bang from 1st to 2nd. I knew it was a tuning issue, not a transmission issue. What I did was changed it to a single tune with my own tuning and left the defuel alone. Drive it for a week normally and agressive at whenever I get on the highway. Then drove in tow/haul for a week with my normal driving routine from work and back. The issue improved drastically and shifted much better. Sometimes you have to stop changing the tunes so many times, it'll have the transmission confused and keep making adjustments to the point where you'll think there's something wrong. My truck had 160k on the clock when I picked it up. Now it has 190k and it shifts flawless besides the occasional torque converter shudder from getting on it too hard. Personally, I feel stock defuel is the best, the only thing you'll need to do is change the shift points.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Good point switch tunes a lot will make the trans very confused and not shits well. It will cause more wear too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk