no programer will establish communications

smokinflatbed

Nov 30, 2010
Tennessee
I recently purchased a new to me 03 lb7. I've tried to put my superchips in it until I purchase more efi, but if will notmake communications with the truck dash lights do weird stuff.

smokinflatbed

Nov 30, 2010
Tennessee
Power at lighter, and unit lights up. when it goes to save the stock file it says can not establish communications it works on my buddies truck I've tried several different programmers all with same outcome.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Power at lighter, and unit lights up. when it goes to save the stock file it says can not establish communications it works on my buddies truck I've tried several different programmers all with same outcome.
I have 2 of those still they are so weird it will work on 1 truck and no be able to establish contact in another 1 not sure why.Back when we used to stack we stacked the stupid chips with the edgeSome would sell to another buddy and buy another 1 some guys switched to get them to work. Good luck

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Mine used to act funny occasionaly if the auto lights were active. try disabling them, assuming you have a good charged battery

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
ok the OBDII is integrated into the cigarette lighter fuse so pulling that fuse kills power at the OBDII

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Try pushing up or down and holding on the data link connector with the Superchip connected. May have some worn out terminals in the DLC.